Recruiting in a virtual space presents a plethora of new opportunities, one of which is a virtual career fair. While they are not without their challenges, virtual fairs allow for flexibility and reach like never before in the world of early talent and university recruiting. Below, we have compiled a few tips, tricks, and best practices to consider when making the most of a virtual fair. For your reference, we have also put together a Virtual Fair Checklist for Employers, to help make sure you are taking all the necessary steps to have a successful event!
Here are some quick tips and a helpful article by Handshake:
- Engage with Your Ideal Candidates Early
- Perfect Your Employer Brand before Sending Outreach
- Identify what Answers Your Target Audience Wants to Know
- Save Time & Break Down In-Person Barriers
- Create a Meaningful and Lasting Impression
- Continue Building and Nurturing Your Qualified Connections
Handshake will also be offering weekly drop-in Office Hours to help answer any fair related questions you may have! Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity by signing up here.
As a reminder, students will only be able to interact with you in sessions that you have built out and claimed. If you do not have a 1-on-1 or a Group Session during a time slot between 1-4PM then students will not be able to interact with you during that time. For best student response, be sure to have your schedule build out prior to student registration opening on Friday, February 5th at 12:00PM (EST).
We encourage attending employers to host at least one group session as it is the most efficient way to reach several unique students. In addition, each group session you have can have a different descriptive title if you wanted to use this opportunity to engage in a variety of topics such as general info session, Ask Me Anything panels, a session around a particular role you are hiring for, etc.
- How to Set a Schedule
- How to Claim a Schedule
- Managing Schedules for Virtual Fairs (Including, Editing, Switching, Adding, and more)
- Make sure your availability is accurate and that you have the time marked off in your calendar to participate. Please be respectful of the time you have allotted for the event and the students who have signed up to interact with you during that time.
DAY-OF NEED TO KNOW
- We will have an open Zoom room with our ER team just for employers to help troubleshoot any issues you may be having! (Please note this link is not how you access the fair and is accessible from the main fair page and will be sent in an email prior to the event as well.)
- Keep an eye on your schedule! Students have the ability to sign up for sessions during the event. Refresh often for your most up-to-date schedule!
- Technology Requirements – You Must Use Chrome!!
- Invoice must be paid prior to participating
VIRTUAL FAIR TRAINING RESOURCES
- Webinar: Virtual Fair Training for Employers
- Virtual Fairs Guide
- Virtual Fairs Playbook for Employers
- Handshake Employer Office Hours
FOLLOW-UP POST FAIR
As always, you can reach out to our Recruiting Coordinator, Misha D’Andrea, for any questions you may have prior to the fair as well!