Boston Plan for Excellence (BPE): The Boston Teacher Residency and the Dudley Promise Corp
BPE’s mission is to drive exceptional outcomes for all students by developing great teachers and great schools. BPE has devised solutions to the toughest challenges faced by Boston’s students and teachers by weaving together expertise in teacher training and school development through the Boston Teacher Residency and Dudley Promise Corps. Today, we are redesigning schooling for students and teachers by creating neighborhood-based Teaching Academies, which are in-district, PreK-12 schools providing a world-class education for all students while preparing outstanding new teachers for the Boston Public Schools. In 2012, we launched our first Teaching Academy, the Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School (Grades K1-5), and in 2015 began operating our second Teaching Academy, the Dearborn STEM Academy (Grades 6-12).
The Boston Teacher Residency
The Boston Teacher Residency is a clinical teacher preparation program that combines a yearlong classroom apprenticeship with targeted master’s level coursework to provide you with the hands-on experience, feedback, evaluation and ongoing post-graduate support critical to a successful career in teaching. Upon graduation, you will earn an M.Ed, Massachusetts Initial Teaching License, and join a network of more than 700 teachers who are among the most effective in Massachusetts.
Dudley Promise Corps
Dudley Promise Corps is a full-time, one-year neighborhood-based AmeriCorps service program serving BPE’s Dearborn STEM Academy and Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School. DPC leverages the power of national service to support all students in the Dudley neighborhood area to stay on track to attend college and serve as responsible leaders in their community, while simultaneously developing corps members as engaged civic leaders committed to social justice.
3⃣ Things to Know About BPE
- Our teaching academy model and how we train aspiring teachers while centering student learning
- Our complete STEM program that develops all students for promising careers
- Our commitment to listening to and serving the community; working in collaboration with Roxbury organizations
📋 Tips for Applying!
- Find a recommender who can speak to your commitment to working with children and youth
- Apply as soon as possible! BPE accepts applications on a rolling basis as availability in the cohort allows
- We highly encourage applicants to connect with a member of our team who can answer any questions about your candidacy. You can email Ranya Brooks, Strategic Partnerships Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or use this Calendly link to sign up for office hours!