Virtual work experiences are a great way to set yourself apart, build your skills and your resume, and explore what it’s like to work in different industries. And guess what? Tufts has partnered with Forage, to provide top-notch and free virtual work experiences to ALL Tufts students.
So, what exactly is a virtual work experience?
A virtual work experience is an opportunity to do entry-level work that you would do at a particular company. It gives you an opportunity experience that entry-level work, and some of the projects that you might do. These projects are put together and managed my real companies that you would recognize like Citi, Deloitte, GE, JP Morgan, White & Case, Goldman Sachs, and more. It’s a great opportunity to explore and “try out” what it’s like to work in a certain industry, plus you gain a great experience to put on your resume.
The companies are involved in your virtual experience. They engage with you on the platform, and will see the end result of your project work. So take it seriously, it could lead to an opportunity. If they like what you did, they might even begin a recruitment process with you!
And, what do you actually do?
Once you start, you are given a hypothetical set of tasks that an employee would be expected to complete on a given workday. By completing the programs, you experience real world scenarios and gain practical skills professionals use daily. In addition to new skills, you will also have the chance to connect with the companies directly. For example, in the Technology program, you might do a cybersecurity project or a data analytics assignment.
How it works:
- briefed online by your boss
- Do work that mirrors real life
- Complete modules of tasks from the different divisions of the company you choose
- View video instructions from actual employees
- Access curated resources to help you complete your tasks
- Compare your work with model examples from the company to see how you did and learn from your experience
- Virtual Work Experience Programs are free and open for all
- These programs are self-paced, and it takes 5-6 hours to complete one program
- When completed, you will have gained practical work skills that employers want to see
- Upon completion, you can receive a certificate to put on your resume or LinkedIn profile
- Some firms may invite students who have completed their Virtual Work Experience Program to exclusive online and in-office events.
Or, access the Virtual Work Experience Programs, by clicking the links below:
- Consulting: https://careers.tufts.edu/resources/forage-virtual-work-experience-programs-for-consulting/
- Finance: https://careers.tufts.edu/resources/forage-virtual-work-experience-programs-for-finance/
- Law: https://careers.tufts.edu/resources/insidesherpa-virtual-work-experience-program/
- Tech: https://careers.tufts.edu/resources/forage-virtual-work-experience-programs-for-tech/