Dear Tufts Employers,
We hope that you will take a part of the summer to rest and reflect from a busy year. As you make your plans for the upcoming Fall recruitment season, please reach out to the Employer Relations team to discuss any upcoming recruitment questions or how we might assist you during your planning process.
Have a wonderful summer!
Misha and Sue
Employer Relations Team
👋 Thank You and Goodbye!
To all of the employer partners I have worked with over these past two years, I want to say thank you! I have accepted a new position and will be transitioning away from my role as Recruiting Coordinator on June 25th, but please feel free to stay connected with me on LinkedIn.
Thank you for being great partners to Tufts and our students. Thank you for providing learning opportunities through events, internships, co-ops and more. Thank you for hiring our amazing students as they leave Tufts and enter the professional world full-time. Thank you!
💼 Come Work at Tufts Career Center
Join an amazing team of colleagues at the Tufts Career Center! The Employer Relations team is looking to add two members, an Assistant Director of Employer Relations and Recruiting Coordinator. With four campuses in Massachusetts, Tufts is a research university committed to helping students and faculty generate bold ideas, innovate, and become active citizens of the world. Tufts’ unique combination of research and liberal arts attracts students, faculty, and staff who thrive in an environment of curiosity, creativity and engagement. Here at Tufts Career Center we service the School of Arts & Sciences, School of Engineering, and School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts (and their respective graduate schools). The Assistant Director position is open for applications now and keep an eye out for the upcoming Recruiting Coordinator position! For more information you can also reach out to Sue Atkins, Associate Director of Employer Relations at Susan.Atkins@tufts.edu.
⭐ Early Bird Discount for Fall Career Fair!
Tufts University will be hosting our virtual Fall Career Fair on Friday, September 24th from 1 pm – 4 pm EST on the Handshake platform.
Registration is now open for employers to sign-up for this recruitment event! Register by June 30th to receive a $50 Early Bird Discount!
Employers can host 30-minute group sessions (with varying topics) as well as 10-minute one-on-one video conversations with both graduate and undergraduate students across all majors in the School of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering, and School of the Museum of Fine Arts.
☕ Virtual Coffee Hour with the ER Team: Key Takeaways
Thank you to everyone that joined us for our first virtual coffee hour! For those who couldn’t make it, we wanted to share some of what the group discussed:
Virtual Recruiting – Lessons Learned:
- Virtual programming did not produce the same type of informal conversations and connections as in-person recruitment fairs and networking events.
- Reaching more schools/students is easier than ever before.
- It was easier to schedule interviews between hiring managers and candidates since no travel was required now that we have Zoom and other tools to meet more efficiently.
- It is important to work with university partners to find best timing for student availability and to reach/promote to targeted students prior to virtual programming for best engagement outcome.
- Share company info prior to the event (1 pager, short slide deck, etc.), so you can spend the time with the students engaging in a meaningful and value added manner.
We look forward to offering more coffee hours in the coming year and we look forward to hearing from you about any topics you would like to include in the future.
📋 Report a Tufts Hire!
We are looking forward to hearing of your Tufts hires for both full-time roles for our 2021 graduates, but also the co-op and internships positions for the upcoming summer. Please send along that information by clicking on Report a Hire!
🎨 Sponsor the Arts
The SMFA Art Sale, scheduled for October 2021, is the leading contemporary art sale in New England. Each year, our diversely talented students, alumni, faculty, and friends present work that is beautiful, thought-provoking, and responsive to what’s happening in the world.
Your 2021 SMFA Art Sale sponsorship is an investment in the quality education SMFA at Tufts offers and demonstrates your commitment to the future and to a diverse community of talented students, recognized globally for their contributions to art, culture, and social justice.
🗣 Call for Engineering Employers! Accreditation Survey
Tufts University’s School of Engineering is interested in employer feedback about Tufts SOE graduates in the workplace. Feedback from employers helps us to improve our programs and fulfill requirements for the Engineering accreditation commission of ABET.
If you have employed graduates of Tufts’ undergraduate engineering program in the past five years for an engineering role, we invite you to complete a brief survey here.
📖 What We’re Reading
- How COVID Experiences will Reshape the Workforce – Harvard Gazette
- There’s No One-Size-Fits-all Business Approach to the New World of Work – Forbes
- How the Pandemic is Changing the Future of Work – Forbes
- 5 Models for the Post-Pandemic Workplace – Harvard Business Review
- It’s Time to Officially End Unpaid Internships – Harvard Business Review
📨Team Contact Information by Industry
If you are interested in connecting with Tufts Career Center, please send us an email. We will respond to you as quickly as possible and look forward to hearing from you.
Sue Atkins, Associate Director, Employer Relations
- Healthcare, Life Sciences, & Environmental Science
- Non-Profit, Education, & Social Justice
- Government, Politics, International Affairs, & Law
- Engineering, Technology & Physical Sciences
Chris Di Fronzo, Associate Director Career Services, Director of Tufts Finance Initiative
- Finance, Consulting, Entrepreneurship & Business
Robin Kahan, Associate Director Career Services, Engineering
- Engineering Co-Ops
Ryan Smith, Assistant Director Career Services, Arts
- Arts, Entertainment, Communications, & Media (Creative Careers)
- Sports & Leisure