The Career Center is looking forward to hosting employers at our upcoming Fall Virtual Career Fair on Friday, September 24th from 1 pm – 4 pm EST.
To prepare for the upcoming fair, we wanted to share our Top 10 on what you can be doing now to utilize the fair tool in Handshake and connect with Tufts students before, during, and after the career fair to maximize your recruitment efforts this fall!
- Review the Handshake Guide for Employers: Handshake has created a one-stop resource for employers to learn about the tool and how to make the most of your virtual fair experience. We encourage you and any representatives to review this information before the career fair to ensure a seamless experience.
- Add Recruiters & Representatives to your profile: Employers are able to have up to 15 representatives participate in the career fair on behalf of your organization. You must add all of these representatives and make sure they can access Handshake before the fair date. You will need to do this before you set up the schedules for the day in Handshake and you can learn more here.
- Build our your Schedule for the career fair: Students will begin registration for the fair and sign up for your specific 1:1 conversations and group sessions on September 7th and we ask that all employers build out their schedules BEFORE that date. You can view more information on building your schedule here. Our best practice recommendation is to have at least one group session in addition to your 1:1 session to create brand awareness and build a candidate pipeline for future opportunities.
- Representatives Claim Schedules: Once the schedule is built out for you and other representatives you must have each representative claim their schedules so that they know when and where they need to be on the day. Each person will receive an email notification when it is completed for them. We recommend that you have one key member of your team hold the master schedule and be the point person for your team if their are any questions on the day of the event.
- Manage Schedule Changes: We understand that changes are inevitable and that you may need to make edits to your schedule for the day. Employers are able to make these adjustments before the day of the fair. Tufts is unable to make these adjustments on your behalf, so here’s the best way to manage your schedule.
- Utilize Campaigns: Premium Handshake members can utilize campaigns to reach students in advance of the career fair to drive traffic to your schedule and sessions.
- Sponsor the Career Fair: Tufts is offering a limited number of add-on sponsorships that include highlighting your organization in both blog posts and email campaigns to reach a targeted student population in advance of the career fair. Please speak with Susan Atkins at email@example.com for more details.
- Test Combability with Handshake Fair Tool: It is important to make sure all of your representatives test their computers to ensure they can support the Handshake virtual career fair tool. Run this quick test using instructions available here.
- Student Sign-ups: Students will have the capability to sign-up for 1:1 conversations and group sessions right up until those session times. We encourage representatives to be live and available for the entire period of the fair since they will see last-minute additions to their schedules.
- Contact Employer Relations at Tufts: We encourage you to reach out to an Employer Relations representative if you want to discuss your Fall recruitment planning and how to align your timeline with Tufts University events and activities. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.