Dear Tufts Employers,
We are excited to have Tufts students back on campus for classes and activities, and we are looking forward to our upcoming virtual programming with employers as well.
We are asking all of our employer partners to avoid Tufts programming on the same dates as our main Career Center events this Fall 2021 semester. I have outlined those important dates for you below. We have also listed important observed holidays below so you can keep them in mind during your scheduling process.
Fall 2021 Career Center Events & Holiday Observances
- 13 – Resumes, CVs, and Cover Letters: A Virtual Workshop for Graduate Students
- 14 – Consulting Networking Night
- 15th & 16th – Jewish Holiday Yom Kippur
- 17 – Prepare For the Fair Workshop
- 24 – Career Fair
- 6 – Academic and Professional CVs: A Virtual Workshop for Graduate Students
- 7 – Professional in Residence: Careers in Food Systems & Research
- 11 – Indigenous People’s Day
- 13 – Breaking Into International Affairs & Policy, Alumni Panel
- 14 – Professional In Residence: Arts & Media
- 15 – Arts, Communications & Media Trek
- 18- Job and Internship Search Strategy: A Virtual Workshop for Graduate Students
- 20 – Ways to Use Computer Science, Alumni Networking Event
- 21 – Life Sciences Graduate School, Alumni and Faculty Panel
- 4 – Engineering Pathways, Alumni Panel
- 5 – Engineering Career Fair Collaborative
- 6 & 7 – Wall Street Prep
- 9 – Networking & Relationship Management – A Professional Conversations/Communications Workshop for Graduate Students
- 11 – Explorathon
- 18 – Careers Outside of Academia Panel
- 25th & 26th – Thanksgiving Holiday
- 14 – Classes End – Fall employer programming concludes for the semester
- Sue Atkins, Associate Director, Employer Relations
- Kate Rettstadt, Assistant Director, Employer Relations
- Willa Mayo, Recruiting Coordinator, Employer Relations (Officially starts on Sept. 15th)
Tufts University Employer Relations Team
Supporting the School of Arts & Sciences, the School of Engineering, and The School of Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts
Tufts University will host our virtual Fall Career Fair on Friday, September 24th from 1 pm – 4 pm EST on the Handshake platform.
Registration for the Fair will end on Monday, September 20th!
Employers can host 30-minute group sessions (with varying topics) as well as 10-minute one-on-one video conversations with both undergraduate and graduate students across all majors in the School of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering, and School of the Museum of Fine Arts.
🎇 Welcome our New Recruiting Coordinator, Employer Relations – Willa Mayo
Willa starts on September 15th as our new Recruiting Coordinator and will support the Tufts Career Center Recruiting program, including hosting career fairs, arranging on-campus interviews, and managing the Handshake platform. Prior to Tufts, she worked for several years with high school students in New York City, leading workshops on professional development skills and supporting them through paid, mentored internships. She graduated from Smith School for Social Work in 2016, where she earned her LMSW and worked as a counselor in the San Francisco Art Institute Counseling Center. She also holds a BA in psychology from Skidmore College.
We look forward to having Willa join our team on September 15th!
🖌 Tufts Arts, Communications, and Media Trek – October 15, 2021
Please join us for our upcoming Tufts Arts, Communications and Media Trek on Friday, October 15th.
For this year’s trek, we will be fully virtual via Zoom to maximize student numbers and the ability for recruiters and alumni to engage from near and far. We would love for you and your organization to join us for any part of the event that works for you!
10:00 am – 11:00 am Panel: Setting The Stage — Creating Equitable Opportunities for All in Arts, Communications and Media
Ideal speakers for this panel would be Tufts alumni and recruiters who are working to create access to opportunities in these industries. Speakers will share their experiences, as well as resources and tips for what this sector is doing to change the landscape and promote equitable opportunities for diverse populations.
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Company Info Sessions
20-minute presentations by companies about their opportunities, initiatives and insider industry tips followed by 10 minutes of Q & A.
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm: One-on-ones with Tufts Students
Students will sign up for 15-minute one-on-ones with industry professionals who can offer them individualized career advice, quick resume reviews and industry information.
To learn more about this exciting event and how you might participate, contact Ryan Smith, Assistant Director, Career Advisor for the Arts.
⏳ Save the Date for Engineering Career Fair Collaborative – November 5, 2021
Tufts will be co-hosting a collaborative career fair for engineering students (excludes Computer Science) in collaboration with Harvard, MIT, Yale, Olin, Boston University, and Tufts University.
This event will take place on Friday, November 5th from 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm (EST) via a virtual platform. We will be sending out invitations to this event in the coming weeks and if you would like to be included in our outreach please contact Robin Kahan, Associate Director, Engineering Career Services.
📉Quick Poll: Please Fill Out Our Employer Survey on Unpaid Internships
Tufts University would like to learn more about employers and their use of unpaid internships. We have created a short survey to gain further insights about the rationale for offering them and current challenges within organizations. Please take 5 minutes to share your valuable insights with us. Our plan is to share a summary of the results with employers through this newsletter.
🗞 Tufts in the News
Highlighted articles about Tufts University:
- Tufts University Welcomes the Class of 2025 | Tufts Now
- Investing in the Power of Pathology and Genomics | Tufts Now
- Caroline Genco Named Interim Provost and Vice President of Tufts | Tufts Now
📖What We’re Reading
- The Power of People You Overlook (shrm.org)
- Eliminating Barriers (shrm.org)
- August Jobs Report: Labor Market Struggles Under Weight of Delta – Glassdoor
- Most New York City Employers Must Revise Background Screening Processes (shrm.org)
- Here’s The Top 100 Internship Programs For 2021 (forbes.com)
- NACE Quick Poll: Career Centers Alter Outreach to Employers, Students From Marginalized Groups (naceweb.org)
- Meet America’s Best Employers By State 2021 (forbes.com)
📨Team Contact Information by Industry
If you are interested in connecting with Tufts Career Center, please send us an email. We will respond to you as quickly as possible and look forward to hearing from you.
Our staff members support undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Arts & Sciences, the School of Engineering, and the School of Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts only.
Please check out our Employer Relations website for all information including policies (ex. offers to students) and other great information about engaging with Tufts University.
Sue Atkins, Associate Director, Employer Relations
- Healthcare, Life Sciences, & Environmental Science
- Non-Profit, Education, & Social Justice
- Engineering, Technology & Physical Sciences
- Partnership Programs @ Tufts
Kate Rettstadt, Assistant Director, Employer Relations
- Arts, Entertainment, Communications, & Media (Creative Careers)
- Sports & Leisure
- Finance, Consulting, Entrepreneurship & Business
- Government, Politics, International Affairs, & Law