Access, Equity, and Inclusion in the Creative Sector: Top 10 Resources
Breaking into the creative sector and its various areas can be intimidating for anyone. With the current call to action to create more avenues to opportunities across sectors, there are plenty of resources to help break down barriers and help you get your foot in the door.
Here are 10 links to resources and programs for you to begin exploring:
- Multicultural Advertising Internship Program
- Alliance of Artists Communities Diversity + Leadership Fellowship for artists with disabilities
- NBC Female Forward– directing opportunities for women
- NBC Talent Infusion programs
- Creatively.life– build a free profile to showcase your work, collaborate with other creatives and find jobs
- Entertainment Industry Foundation’s Careers Program
- Warner Music Group Emerging Talent Program
- New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA)Immigrant Artist Program
- Television Academy Internship Program
- The New York Times Newsroom Fellowship
RSVP on Handshake – Virtual Arts and Entertainment Careers Trek – Friday, October 15th:
10-11am Panel: Setting The Stage – Creating Equitable Opportunities For All in Arts, Communications and Media — Speakers will share their experiences, resources and tips for what this sector is doing to change the landscape and promote equitable opportunities for diverse populations.
1-1:30pm: Company Info sessions — 20 minute presentations by companies about their opportunities, initiatives and insider industry tips followed by 10 minutes of Q&A.
3-4:30pm: One-on-ones with Industry Professionals — Students will sign up for 15 minute one-on-ones with industry professionals who can offer individualized career advice, quick resume reviews and industry information.