Genentech’s Outstanding Student Award (OSA) was founded in Pharmaceutical Technical Development (PTD) to recognize students who excelled in disciplines related to the field of biotechnology at selected schools.
One student from Tufts University based on their passion for biotech and high scholastic achievement will be awarded a $2,500 award* and a guaranteed 3-month summer internship starting in May/June 2022 at our South San Francisco headquarters**.
The internship will be in one of the following areas within our PTD organization:
- Analytical Operations
- Cell Culture and Fermentation Development
- Cell Therapy Engineering & Development
- Device Development
- Digital Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Development
- Pharmaceutical Processing & Technology Development
- Pilot Plant Operations
- Potency Assay Development
- Protein Analytical Chemistry
- Process Research & Development Business Excellence, Strategy, and Training
- Purification Development
Program Requirements Include the following:
– Junior-level standing or higher and pursuing an undergraduate degree
– Pursuing studies in: biology, chemistry, bioengineering, or related fields
– Demonstrated interest in biotechnology, strong critical thinking, communication, and collaboration skills
– Experience working in research labs or industry is highly desirable
Come learn more about this program at our upcoming Information Session on October 8th at 1 pm on Zoom.
RSVP AT GO.GENE.COM/OSA_Info_Session
*Award is contingent on acceptance of internship offer
**Internships may be in-person or virtual due to the situation of the global pandemic at the time of the internship.
Genentech is dedicated to fostering an environment that is inclusive and encourages diversity of thought, style, skills and perspective.