Dear Employer Partners,
The Tufts fall semester is in full swing! Our Employer Relations team enjoyed meeting you during our career fair, and we’re excited to meet with you to discuss your recruitment plans.
Our plans for Spring 2022 will be sent out to employers in November, so stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks.
We look forward to our continued partnership, and if you would like to meet with us, please reach out to the Employer Relations team member who aligns with your industry sector.
Employer Relations Team
Supporting the School of Arts & Sciences, the School of Engineering, and The School of Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts
- Sue Atkins, Associate Director, Employer Relations
- Kate Rettstadt, Assistant Director, Employer Relations
- Willa Mayo, Recruiting Coordinator, Employer Relations
🎉Thanks for Joining the Virtual Career Fair!
A HUGE thank you to all 123 employers who participated in our Virtual Fall Career Fair on Handshake on September 24. Through your participation we were able to facilitate 3,062 unique student and employer interactions!! As one student put in their follow-up survey, “Thank you for this fair! It was really helpful!”
Over the last two weeks, students have been submitting their resumes, which are available to all employers via the public oBx folder for review – over 300 students have shared resumes. Please consider completing the Employer Survey if you have not already – we value and would appreciate hearing your feedback.
✏️ National Disability Employment Awareness Month 2021
Tufts is celebrating National Disability Employment Awareness Month by sharing resources and information helpful to employers of all shapes and sizes and across industries. Check out the resources here.
☕ Employer Coffee Hour – Friday, November 12th, 1:30pm-2:30pm via Zoom
We will be hosting our Employer Coffee Hour this fall semester on Friday, November 12th from 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm.
Topics for Discussion:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Recruitment Strategies in collaboration with campus partners
- Bring one recruitment idea that you have implemented at your organization to share with the group
- Tufts Updates on DEI in the Career Center
We will be sending along a Zoom invite to all interested employers in a few weeks.
⏳ Save the Date for Engineering Career Fair Collaborative – November 5, 2021
Tufts will be co-hosting a collaborative career fair for engineering students (excludes Computer Science) in collaboration with Harvard, MIT, Yale, Olin, Boston University, and Tufts University.
This event will take place on Friday, November 5th from 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm (EST) via a virtual platform. We will be sending out invitations to this event in the coming weeks and if you would like to be included in our outreach please contact Robin Kahan, Associate Director, Engineering Career Services.
✈ New Resource for Hiring International Students
🗞 Tufts in the News
Highlighted articles about Tufts University:
- Investing for Environmental and Social Impact | Tufts Now
- Teaching Toward Equity: When Professors Become Students of Antiracism | Tufts Now
- A Vision for Building a Multiracial Democracy | Tufts Now
- Tufts University Receives $25 Million Challenge Grant from Schuler Education Foundation to Increase Number of Pell Grant-Eligible Students and Students with Undocumented Status | Tufts Now
📖 What We’re Reading
- AI Use in Hiring Means Women with Employment Gaps Get Overlooked – Bizwomen (bizjournals.com)
- Recruiting For Diversity: Four Steps To Success (forbes.com)
- The 30 Fastest-Growing Jobs And Careers For The Next 10 Years (forbes.com)
- How Networking Speeds Your Job Search (shrm.org)
- Salary Ranges Should Be Listed On Job Descriptions And Worker Compensation Disclosed For All To See (forbes.com)
- Supreme Court Preview: Employment Attorneys Are Watching These Issues (shrm.org)
- Are Office Perks Obsolete?
📨Team Contact Information by Industry
If you are interested in connecting with Tufts Career Center, please send us an email. We will respond to you as quickly as possible and look forward to hearing from you.
Our staff members support undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Arts & Sciences, the School of Engineering, and the School of Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts only.
Please check out our Employer Relations website for all information including policies (ex. offers to students) and other great information about engaging with Tufts University.
Sue Atkins, Associate Director, Employer Relations
- Healthcare, Life Sciences, & Environmental Science
- Non-Profit, Education, & Social Justice
- Engineering, Technology & Physical Sciences
- Partnership Programs @ Tufts
Kate Rettstadt, Assistant Director, Employer Relations
- Arts, Entertainment, Communications, & Media (Creative Careers)
- Sports & Leisure
- Finance, Consulting, Entrepreneurship & Business
- Government, Politics, International Affairs, & Law
Willa Mayo, Recruitment Coordinator, Employer Relations
- Main point of contact for Employer Relations Team
- Assisting with virtual events, interviews, job/internship/co-op postings
- Career Fair Events
- Handshake Questions
- Newsletter Content & Distribution