Here’s a quick rundown of some upcoming events, internships, and job listings for the Government/Law/International Affairs career community.
Upcoming Events–Visit links to learn more
- Is Law School Right for you? — Jan. 31st
- Tufts Virtual Career Fair — Feb 3rd
- Tufts In-Person Career Fair — Feb 10th
2023 Social Impact Week @ Tufts:
- Public Affairs & Social Impact Consulting — Monday, Feb. 27
- Career Pathways in Immigration Law — Tuesday, Feb. 28
- Public Service & Advocacy Networking Night — Wednesday, Mar. 1
- Job & Internship Search for Social Impact — Thursday, Mar. 2
- Tisch Scholars Applications Open
Tisch Scholars is a multi-year program that supports you to work with a community organization, build community through a cohort of peers, and develop the skills to further your civic engagement goals. Rising sophomores and juniors are encouraged to apply by February 15, 2023
- Career Center Summer Internship Grant Program Deadline: March 19, 2023
- Udall Undergraduate Scholarship
The Udall Foundation awards scholarships to college sophomores and juniors for leadership, public service, and commitment to issues related to Native American nations or to the environment. Deadline: March 1, 2023.
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Summer Internship Program
Places rising college sophomores, juniors and seniors, as well as recently graduated persons, in the offices of CBC Members for a 9-week summer internship. Deadline: March 31, 2023
- Pew Research Center Summer internship. Deadline: Feb 3, 2023
- Charles River Associates- Economics Consultant Internship. Deadline: March 31, 2023
Job Listings —Visit links for additional info and requirements
- Research Assistant – Economics & Trade: U.S.-CHINA ECONOMIC AND SECURITY REVIEW COMMISSION
- APSIA job listings
- Program Assistant, Global: National Endowment for Democracy
An important note about hiring timelines for current seniors: It can be challenging to ascertain whether a position is meant for YOU, i.e., someone graduating in May 2023 OR if it’s intended for someone who can start much sooner, i.e., in less than a month. If possible, you could consider reaching out to the prospective employer to ask if 2023 grads can apply. If you’re unsure, you might still choose to apply and hope they keep your application on file, but understand that they may want someone who is able to start earlier. At the very least, add the organization to your “list of employers to revisit,” because they may post opportunities in the future that better match with your timeline.