Dear Employer Partners,
Happy Women’s History Month from the Tufts Employer Relations team!
We are eager to see the first signs of spring in the coming weeks! As a reminder, Tufts students will be on Spring Recess from March 18th-27th.
As always, if you have open job or internship opportunities to recruit for at Tufts, please reach out to the Employer Relations team member associated with your industry sector. We would be happy to connect with you about your recruiting needs.
Employer Relations Team
Supporting the School of Arts & Sciences, the School of Engineering, and The School of Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts
- Sue Atkins, Associate Director, Employer Relations
- Kate Rettstadt, Assistant Director, Employer Relations
- Willa Mayo, Recruiting Coordinator, Employer Relations
👩 Happy Women’s History Month
Women’s History Month is a celebration of women’s contributions to history, culture, and society and has been celebrated in the United States during the month of March since 1987. In observance of the month, the Tufts Employer Relations team wanted to share some resources on ways to incorporate the month into office environments and provide additional information on gender equality in the workplace. Read more here.
🎨 SMFA Portfolio Reviews for Students This Spring
Greetings to all employers in the creative arts industries! We are looking for professional artists and creative industry experts to participate in our inaugural Portfolio Review Day at Tufts School of Museum of Fine Arts Boston on Wednesday, April 12, 2023 – please complete this short survey if you would be interested in participating in this event.
💼 Graduate Students at Tufts and Degree Programs – GSAS, SOE, and The SMFA at Tufts
At Tufts University, we take pride in our graduate programs, which prepare students to excel in their respective fields and make meaningful contributions to the workforce. We serve three schools across two campuses serving more than 5,000 graduate students. The Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, School of Engineering graduate programs, and the graduate programs at The School of Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts are designed for inspired learning and market-ready skills.
If you are interested in reaching our graduate student population across Arts & Sciences, Engineering, and The SMFA at Tufts – please post your open roles in Handshake and feel free to reach out to our Employer Relations team to discuss ways to partner with us to recruit our graduate students in these programs.
☕ Employer Coffee Hour – Wednesday, May 3rd, 1pm-2pm EST on Zoom
This month’s Employer Coffee Hour will feature Dovie King, Assistant Director and Pre-Law Advisor at the Tufts Career Center.
Dovie will discuss resources for pre-law students, share information about the strong alumni network of Tufts legal professionals, and talk about how she supports the pre-law community at Tufts. Please register here and let us know if you have any questions.
Dovie King attended law school, passed the bar exam in Massachusetts, New York, and California, and had a rewarding career as a lawyer for more than 20 years. She taught legal studies courses to undergraduates and advised students at Harvard Law School and Thomas Jefferson School of Law about careers in public interest, international human rights, government, the judiciary, in-house and private practice. Her experience includes publishing articles, speaking at conferences, and serving on the Board of Directors of the American Constitution Society – San Diego Lawyer Chapter, La Raza Lawyers, Affordable Housing Advocates and the American Bar Association’s Immigration Justice Project. Currently, she is a member of the Women’s Bar Association and formerly chaired the Human Rights, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee in her town. She earned her BA at Brown University and JD at Northeastern University School of Law.
🗞 Tufts in the News
Highlighted articles about Tufts University:
- Tufts Offers Haven for Scholars at Risk (TuftsNow)
- Club Leaders Advance Diversity in Computer Science (TuftsNow)
- Five Tufts Faculty Named National Academy of Inventors Senior Members (TuftsNow)
- Local Nonprofit Organizations Invited to Apply for Tufts Community Grants (TuftsNow)
- Two Tufts Faculty Elected to World’s Largest Scientific Society (TuftsNow)
📖 What We’re Reading
- Emerging Tech Skills That Should Be On HR’s Radar (shrm.org)
- Green Cards: Sponsoring Employees for Permanent Residence (interstride.com)
- 12 Jobs That Will Definitely Survive the Next 20 Years (and Even Be in Demand) (financebuzz.com)
- As Inflation, Job Market Cool, Employers Eye Smaller Raises in 2023 (shrm.org)
- What to do if you get laid off (wgbh.org)
📨 Team Contact Information by Industry
If you are interested in connecting with Tufts Career Center, please send us an email. We will respond to you as quickly as possible and look forward to hearing from you. Our staff members support undergraduate and graduate students and alumni in the School of Arts & Sciences, the School of Engineering, and the School of Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts only.
Please check out our Employer Relations website for all information including policies (e.g. offers to students) and other great information about engaging with Tufts University.
Sue Atkins, Associate Director, Employer Relations
- Healthcare, Life Sciences, & Environmental Science
- Non-Profit, Education, & Social Justice
- Engineering, Technology & Physical Sciences
- Partnership Programs @ Tufts
Kate Rettstadt, Assistant Director, Employer Relations
- Arts, Entertainment, Communications, & Media (Creative Careers)
- Sports & Leisure
- Finance, Consulting, Entrepreneurship & Business
- Government, Politics, International Affairs, & Law
Willa Mayo, Recruitment Coordinator, Employer Relations
- Main point of contact for Employer Relations Team
- Assisting with virtual events, interviews, job/internship/co-op postings
- Career Fair Events
- Handshake Questions
- Newsletter Content & Distribution