Here’s a quick rundown of some upcoming events, internships, and job listings for the Government/Law/International Affairs career community.
Upcoming Career Center Events–Visit links to learn more
- Communications & Media Networking Night — March 29th (virtual) @ 6pm
Beyond Tufts: Navigating Uncertainties: Strategies for Well-Being after Graduation— April 3rd (in person) @4pm
- No internship, No Problem: Internship Alternatives Workshop— Friday April 7th (in person) @ 12:30pm
- Beyond Tufts: Working Abroad- Finding Internship Programs or Post-Grad Work— April 12th (virtual) @ 12pm
- EY Careers in Government & Public Sector— April 19th @ 4pm
- CSCE Fellowships with a Policy or Communications Focus: Deadline for Summer 2023: March 31, 2023
- 1,000 Dreams Scholarship: provides one-time educational assistance for women currently enrolled. This scholarship is not to fund tuition. The intention is to provide access to educational opportunities beyond tuition, such as educational conferences, instructional programs related to creative or artistic pursuits, graduate exam application fees, or textbooks. Deadline: March 31, 2023
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Summer Internship Program
Places rising college sophomores, juniors and seniors, as well as recently graduated persons, in the offices of CBC Members for a 9-week summer internship. Deadline: March 31, 2023
- Congresswoman Katherine M. Clark’s Malden, MA Office FT/PT Summer Internships (paid)– Deadline: April 2, 2023
- Sports Exchange Advisers in Japan The Japan Education Training (JET) SEA program is currently seeking qualified athletes to serve as Sports Exchange Advisers (SEAs) in Japan. Deadline: April 3, 2023
- Center for Global Development Part-Time Virtual Summer Internship with Stipend–The CGD Summer Delegates Program seeks to establish the next wave of young leaders in economic equality and global development. This year’s Program will take place 100% virtually. Delegates receive a $3,500 stipend. Deadline: April 9, 2023
- Civil Society Unit, United Nations Dept of Global Communications internship (unpaid)– Full time/hybrid/Rolling admissions If anyone has any questions or seeking tips on applying please contact Tufts Career Center Advisor: Kelly.email@example.com
- TurnUp Civic and Youth Activism Remote Internship— Fully remote/Rolling Admissions
- Charles River Associates- Economics Consultant Internship. Deadline: March 31, 2023
- Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs Summer internships–(unpaid) Deadline: March 31, 2023 @ 5pm
Additional Listings —Visit links for additional info and requirements
- The Stimson Center is launching its “Build a Better U.S. Foreign Policy” competition— Applications until March 31st
- Foreign Service Officer Test (FSOT) between June 3-10 can sign up via Pearson between April 25 and June 1
New Portal for Federal Government Internships— search for internships by federal agency, location, or salary
- Consular Fellows – for those proficient in Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic.
An important note about hiring timelines for current seniors: It can be challenging to ascertain whether a position is meant for YOU, i.e., someone graduating in May 2023 OR if it’s intended for someone who can start much sooner, i.e., in less than a month. If possible, you could consider reaching out to the prospective employer to ask if 2023 grads can apply. If you’re unsure, you might still choose to apply and hope they keep your application on file, but understand that they may want someone who is able to start earlier. At the very least, add the organization to your “list of employers to revisit,” because they may post opportunities in the future that better match with your timeline.