Applied Medicine & Patient Care
This subgroup covers a variety of careers that are directly involving patient care. Individuals who pursue applied medicine and patient care are generally interested in working directly with people or animals as a primary health care provider or part of a care team. Popular health careers for exploration at Tufts can range from pathways that focus on becoming a physician, dentist or veterinarian, but pursuing a career in applied medicine can also involve providing direct care as an occupational therapist, a nurse, a clinical psychologist, an optometrist, and many others. Explore this subgroup to learn about the vast opportunities that exist to apply your knowledge of science and healthcare concerns to making a difference in healthcare outcomes for patients.
- Online FNP — Information about Family Nurse Practitioner career paths and degree options
- BestNursingDegree.com — Offers advice on becoming a nurse, including training options, descriptions of various career paths, and interviews with professionals in the field.
- Prep MD — Training programs (fee associated) for those interested in the medical device industry.
- ExploreHealthCareers.org — Everything you want to know about a wide variety of health careers.
- Health Professions Advising at Tufts — Visit the Health Professions Advising website to learn about scheduling an appointment with a pre-health advisor, sign up for pre-health eNews, get job and internship information and answers to many FAQs.
- Nurse Without Borders — Detailed information about nursing career paths and options for those who are interested in volunteer nursing, whether locally or internationally.
- CNAClasses.org — Information on becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant, including where to find certification courses, career path information, salaries, and more.
- Health Care Source — Job board with links to health care facilities in the US
- MA Hospital Careers — Matches healthcare professionals with MA hospitals.