Could you use some advice on how to price your work for the SMFA art sale? Even if you’ve already …
Are you an avid supporter of the arts? Want to learn how arts organizations market their missions and get funded? Are you an educator who wants to keep the arts in K-12 education? This is the place for you to learn more about opportunities in this area. We encourage you to check out these recommended resources for career exploration, internship and job searches.
- ARTSEARCH — A free job search site from the Theatre Communications Group.
- Association of Performing Arts Presenters — An online job bank for positions in performing arts management and presenting.
- American Alliance of Museums — A comprehensive site with a basic tutorial on careers in museums. It also provides an up-to-date listing of museum job openings across the country.
- Global Museum — This international museum webzine offers global museum news and a variety of job listings.
- Internships for Undergrads: View internship books for 3,000 organizations with positions in 14 sectors.
- HireCulture — The Massachusetts Cultural Council sponsors this site, which provides database of cultural employment opportunities in Massachusetts.
- National Endowment for the Arts — The nation’s largest funder of the arts: a resource you should be familiar with if you’re pursuing a career in the world of museums.
- List of U.S. Museums — A list of museums categorized by state and type.
- Museum Employment Resource Center — The Museum Employment Resource Center gives you access to positions listed by U.S. Museums and other cultural resource institutions.
- New England Museum Association — This site provides a listing of jobs, programs, and workshops posted and offered by NEMA. (Tufts Museum Studies students are NEMA members.)
- American Association for State and Local History — Offers professional development, programs and links at national, regional and state levels.
- ArtGuide — Lists current events and exhibitions, including galleries, museums, art fairs, auctions, biennials, and other special events in more than 800 cities.
- National Art Education Association — Leading professional membership organization exclusively for visual arts, design, and media arts education professionals.