Career Fellow David Zhao ’21 shares his story of how career discovery programs can help you explore top companies in …
Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting internet-connected systems (both hardware and software), networks, and programs from digital attacks. This can be done by building software, developing policies, testing for vulnerabilities or writing or ensuring compliance. One can work inside a company protecting its assets or consulting for many companies or for the government. Cybersecurity offers careers for people with backgrounds in software or any number of liberal arts majors.
We encourage you to check out these recommended resources for career exploration, internship and job searches.
- MassCyberCenter Jobs Board — One centralized location for cyber security jobs (all levels: internships to senior-level positions) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- CyberSeek — Use this tool to better understand the demand for cybersecurity jobs in your region, as well as the skills and educational credentials you need to pursue cybersecurity career paths.
- Association for Computing Machinery — Founded in 1947, ACM is a major force in advancing the skills of information technology professionals and students worldwide.
- ComputerJobs.com — Provides technical job postings.
- ComputerWorld — This site allows you to search computer professional jobs, and provides resources to both employers and IT professionals. There are over 5,000 listings in this database.
- Dice — Job search engine with computer programming and highly technical employment opportunities in contract and full-time positions.
- Interactive Online SQL Training — An introductory SQL tutorial, a programming language that is widely used in the field of data science.
- MassTech Internship Partnership Program — Connect talented college students and recent college graduates to paid internships in the state’s dynamic technology sector.
- MITX Student Center — Learn about and find jobs in New England’s internet marketing and business industry.
- ZDNet — Contains numerous articles on technical information.