Career Fellow David Zhao ’21 shares his story of how career discovery programs can help you explore top companies in …
We encourage you to check out these recommended resources for career exploration, internship and job searches.
- Resumes for Business/Finance Roles — Helpful guidelines and sample resumes from the Career Center
- Wall Street Prep Interview Guide (log in via Handshake to access PDF) — Covers sample questions and strategies for answering questions about accounting principles, valuation, M&A, leveraged buyouts, capital markets, and industry-specific areas like TMT, SaaS, FIG, Healthcare, Consumer Products, REITs, and more.
- Forage Virtual Work Experiences for Finance — Learn the skills companies look for in new hires BEFORE they hire you by completing tasks that mirror real life, watching video instructions from actual employees, and comparing your work to model examples.
- Tisch Library Research Guides — Check out Tisch’s subscription resources, particularly the databases in the Business Research Guide.
- Goldman Sachs Suggested Reading List — A lengthy list of recommended reads on a variety of topics
- Best Investment Banking Books — Similar to above, this list includes job search and career overview books
- Wall Street Prep — Free resources, including I-Banking FAQs, interview prep, financial modeling tools and more
- www.efinancialcareers.com — A job database dedicated to the finance and accounting industries. Provides career profiles, firm and job listings. Post your resume and receive job alerts.
- Business Bridge Programs — these 3-4 week programs are designed for liberal arts, science and engineering students who are interested in strengthening their business backgrounds. They feature courses in finance, accounting, management, marketing and leadership. The following is a sample of programs to consider as you research options.
- OneWire.com — Interviews with CEOs in finance and beyond, a career advice blog and job postings.
- Considering an MBA? — Information from the Career Services blog provided by the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
- Kingdom Ridge Capital’s Unofficial Guide for Aspiring Equity Analysts — blog for students interested in equity research careers
- American Finance Association — Academic organization devoted to the study and promotion of knowledge about financial economics.
- Association for Finance Professionals — Offers articles, news, and more.
- Bankjobs.com — A site where you can post your resume and search for jobs throughout the U.S. You can also read profiles on specific banks.
- Yahoo Finance — Up-to-date investment news.
- InvestorWords.com — A complete investor glossary.
- Risk Management Association — Professional association whose purpose is to advance sound risk principles in the financial services industry.