Scientific Discovery & Research
If you are looking for ways to develop your expertise in a laboratory setting on the Tufts campus or in a research facility off-campus, this subgroup will help you determine your next steps. Are you looking to acquire new skills in the lab or build on your existing experience and pursue additional opportunities to engage in experimental design and applied research? Do you want to network with college professors, current graduate students and post-docs who are currently engaged in research projects? Visit this subgroup for ways to explore your passion for research and innovation in the scientific world and learn how to get involved at many different levels.
Learn & Explore
- Careers in Energy through the US Department of Energy
- Careers in Biology – From the American Institute of Biological Sciences
- What Degree Do You Need for a Forensic Science Career?
- Science in Boston – Stay up to date with all of the life science events taking place in the Greater Boston.
- Bioscience Talks – Monthly podcast series highlighting research findings, techniques, advances in biology education, and articles about the latest frontiers in biology, discussions of professional issues, and book reviews
- Careers in the Chemical Sciences
- Careers in Biotechnology
- Graduate School Advice: Life Sciences Edition
- Pathways to Science – Professional development webinars designed to help students succeed as they pursue STEM opportunities, degrees, and careers. Each webinar features “voices from the field” — real life experiences and practical advice from diverse students and mentors across the country.
- BioSpace – Learn about events such as BioSpace Career Expos.
- On the Job Learning for Undergrads – Hear firsthand experiences from students who have participated in the Tufts VERSE (Visiting and Early Research Scholar) Program
Recommended databases and sample fellowship & internship programs
- Public Health Virtual Experience Program – Experiential learning by ASHM (through Tufts Forage)
- Summer Program in Biostatistics & Computational Biology at HSPH
- Career Forge – Identifies exceptional career-ready people (“Forgers”) and empowers them with the relevant technical skills needed to forge their path into the biotech industry with meaningful career opportunities.
- Guide to Finding Research – Resource by Tufts Department of Biology
- SAi Fellows Program – Provides mentorship and funding to the next generation of civic science entrepreneurs who seek to launch new informal science engagement/outreach ventures, programs, apps, events, tech, and more across fields.
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs) – Sponsored by the National Science Foundation, these programs offer undergraduates paid opportunities to expand their skills and knowledge in science and engineering.
- Training Programs & Internships program by the Mayo Clinic
- Healthcare/Science Rotational Programs
- Policy Fellowships for Scientists and Engineers
- GSA Listings and Employment Service
- AAPG listings and Employment Service
- Earthworks Job Listings
- UMASS Dartmouth Early Career Research Program
- Association of Consulting Chemists and Chemical Engineers
- American Chemical Society — Featuring a job bank of industrial, pharmaceutical, and academic positions. Also contains salary and employment surveys.
- Massachusetts Biotechnology Educational Council — Resources and programs designed to introduce students to the myriad of opportunities available within the life sciences industry and provide support in identifying and obtaining skills necessary to move into promising careers.