Scientific Discovery & Research
If you are looking for ways to develop your expertise in a laboratory setting on the Tufts campus or in a research facility off-campus, this subgroup will help you determine your next steps. Are you looking to acquire new skills in the lab or build on your existing experience and pursue additional opportunities to engage in experimental design and applied research? Do you want to network with college professors, current graduate students and post-docs who are currently engaged in research projects? Visit this subgroup for ways to explore your passion for research and innovation in the scientific world and learn how to get involved at many different levels.
- Internship and Summer Research Opportunities in the Life Sciences (Ecological Sciences, Health and Biological Sciences, Earth Sciences, Ocean Sciences, Chemistry) — Extensive list of resources, created and maintained by the Rochester Institute of Technology
- Science Careers — Resources from the journal Science, including job listings updated daily, salary calculator, employer links and profiles, career fair information, career advice, and more.
- BioSpace — A Career Center allows you to search jobs, post your resume, and learn about events such as BioSpace Career Expos.
- MassBio — View job postings, event listings, and educational opportunities in Mass.
- Mass Life Sciences Center Internship Challenge — Paid internships in the life sciences at a variety of MA organizations.
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) – Funded research experiences at DOE labs for sophomores through graduating seniors pursuing STEM field careers (Deadline: Early January)
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs) — Competitive summer research programs in the United States for undergraduates studying science, engineering, or mathematics. The programs are sponsored by the National Science Foundation, and are hosted in various universities.
- aacc.org — American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- chemconsult.org — Association of Consulting Chemists & Chemical Engineers
- American Chemical Society — Featuring a job bank of industrial, pharmaceutical and academic positions. Also contains salary and employment surveys.