The Global Platform Development Associate position gives a student interested in web design, human rights and international religious freedom the opportunity to assist the 21Wilberforce team in developing online platforms that will serve as collaborative information and action centers for a global network of religious freedom organizations. The student will work in the Word Press platform to design and code the pages on the centers. The student will also develop research skills as they find content for the site on the various country and religious freedom issues. Professional development opportunities will be available throughout, as the Associate will interact with 21Wilberforce’s staff and key Roundtable leaders to learn about global religious freedom advocacy programs, develop a portfolio of work during the internship, and have a number of other opportunities for growth over the course of the internship. Applicants are expected to have at least a basic level of proficiency with WordPress and HTML.
Responsibilities will include
• Coordinate with the 21Wilberforce team and our U.S. and international partners to assess the needs and expectations for the web pages
• Strategize and plan a compelling and effective design concept
• Design visually appealing web pages that are intuitive and functional
• Collaborate with our Executive Director to create structure and HTML content for the site
• Track and evaluate site performance and make adjustments as necessary