Founded in 2008, 2Revolutions (2Rev) is a national education design lab that builds communities’ capacity to design and implement equitable and innovative learning systems. We work in K12 and Higher Ed with school, district/community and state partners to help build readiness and capacity to transform toward their Future of Learning. We work simultaneously at three levels:
o Strategy: we help state and district partners: 1) build/refine their vision and integrative strategy; 2) develop personalized professional learning systems; 3) track and manage progress; and 4) tell compelling stories to build and maintain community buy-in;
o Transformational Coaching: provide personalized coaching and implementation supports to support school and district leadership teams;
o Deep Capacity Building: we work with groups of teachers and leaders to: 1) facilitate topical communities of practice using short-cycle prototyping methodology to tackle specific problems or opportunities; 2) lead whole school (re)design processes; and 3) build innovative graduate programs in partnerships with Higher Ed partners.
Simply put, we work with the adults across our education system(s) to encourage them to think differently about the structures, culture and practices needed to promote and sustain cutting edge learning. 2Rev has successfully led 400+ unique design engagements with partners across more than 40 states. For more information, visit www.2revolutions.net.
About the Position
We’re looking for a creative self-starter who has experience within the education sector to join our team of passionate change-makers. Strong candidates will have an interest and passion in diversity, equity and inclusion, an exceptional attention to detail, demonstrated success in project management, the ability to thrive in the face of ambiguity and a belief in our ability to collaboratively build an equitable and innovative Future of Learning that better prepares today’s students for success tomorrow. Functional work will include project management of complex multi-faceted bodies of work, drafting of strategic communications and project deliverables, event planning for in-person and virtual design sessions, select research projects, and client relationship management. We are looking for someone who has the interest, passion, and drive to grow into more senior positions within the organization over time.
Education & Experience
- ● Bachelor’s degree required
- ● 3+ years of professional experience working in an education setting, which may include any of the following:
o A classroom educator
o A K-12 instructional support staff member
o Education leader
o Higher education professional
o Serving in an instructional capacity
o Other education experience (early childhood, K-12, or higher education)
● Experience working in a project management/administrative support role, including the following: o Support for complex education initiatives
o Manage logistics and deliverables of projects
o Call and meeting scheduling/event logistics and coordination
o Experience drafting and posting social media content to various platforms (especially Twitter)
o Ability to make updates to website as needed (SquareSpace experience helpful)
- ● Mission-driven & Growth Mindset: You are driven by a passion to radically improve the experiences of students and educators; you consistently demonstrate a desire to learn and grow, where mutual feedback is viewed as a gift.
- ● Entrepreneurial Orientation: You are a self-starter with a high degree of comfort with ambiguity and frequent iteration; you’re excited by tackling complex problems without clear solutions and prefer learning by doing. You’re comfortable in a virtual team environment
- ● Equity Orientation: You are willing to lean into discomfort and engage in challenging conversations in order to better understand yourself and others in the context of historical and present-day inequities
- ● Project Leadership: You’re a professional multi-tasker, with top-notch project management and organization skills, lightning-fast reaction times and a meticulous attention to detail
- ● Effective Communicator: A clear and effective communicator (both written and verbal), you’re exceptional at sharing, translating, and directing information to teams and clients in a virtual work environment
- ● Dynamic Collaborator: You’re an enthusiastic collaborator, a positive team player, and you have a willingness to “do what it takes” in support of the collective effort
- Additional Knowledge, Skills & Mindsets
- ● You are aware of the latest trends in the K-12 education system and policy landscape and are eager to apply new knowledge
- ● You may have some experience in (and have an interest in learning more about) design methodology, group facilitation and/or educator coaching.
- ● You have exemplary writing and research skills, including the ability to synthesize multiple sources of information into manageable briefs (targeted to different audiences)
- ● You’ve planned and executed events and/or projects of varying sizes, leveraging a variety of productivity tools (in particular Google suite and Slack) to collaborate efficiently
- ● You can anticipate needs and solve problems before they become an issue
- Compensation & How to Apply
- ● Priority deadline for application submission is: April 12th, 2021
- ● Competitive compensation commensurate with experience ($40,000-60,000), generous benefits package and
- potential for a performance bonus
- ● Please submit resume, cover letter and brief writing sample that is reflective of some of the knowledge, skills,
- and dispositions identified above to: https://tinyurl.com/jobs2Rev
- ● Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions (applications will not be accepted through email)
- ● Select applicants will be interviewed. Due to the volume of applicants, we cannot guarantee a response to all
- interested candidates
- 2Revolutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace by maintaining a staff that represents the voices of the communities we serve. People of color and/or bilingual/bicultural individuals are encouraged to apply.