Currently a hybrid remote/in-person role due to COVID-19. Based out of Los Angeles.
The Development Coordinator is a central role in our high-performing and vibrant Development team.
Supporting our organizational fundraising goals, this position will be responsible for all aspects of donor and
gift data. Core job duties include ensuring prompt, accurate, and inspiring donor stewardship; preserving the
accuracy and integrity of the department’s database; providing reports for bookkeeping purposes; and
supporting special events.
● Provide administrative support across the department to support the fundraising goals of
the organization. Maintain the shared calendars, donor tracking, bank deposits, and organizational
systems of the Development office;
● Coordinate and execute the gift stewardship process, working with the fundraising team to
ensure that gifts and donations are acknowledged with speed, accuracy, and inspiration;
● Manage the recurring giving program;
● Oversee the Salesforce database/software, ensure the accuracy of donor records, and implement best
practices to track and report results;
● Provide reports, analysis, and research, as requested by the Director of Advancement and Events.
● Facilitate monthly reconciliation with the Finance Department;
● Support in the execution and coordination of special events including the annual Changing the Story
gala as well as administration/logistics for other (smaller) development and cultivation events;
● Assist Institutional Giving Manager with grant-related research; entry-level grant writing
opportunities when possible;
● Other duties as assigned
● Reports to the Director of Advancement and Events
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent field experience;
● At least 2 years of fundraising experience;
● Experience with Salesforce or similar databases;
● Spanish language skills preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETENCIES
● Understands how various roles, responsibilities, and players, both internal and
external, contribute to the mission of the organization.
● Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve
problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
● Approaches new ideas or challenges with a sense of possibility, openness, and
● Produces crisp, engaging, and high-quality communications, both written and verbal.
● Openly and regularly communicates information about progress towards goals with
supervisor and team.
● Excellent interpersonal skills. Builds authentic relationships with colleagues across
roles, teams, and identities, demonstrating curiosity about others’ backgrounds and
● A team player who expresses genuine interest in team’s well-being, and proactively
models organizational customs, beliefs, and values.
● Ability to work with a culturally diverse population and a variety of stakeholders
and audiences. Seeks to embody 826LA’s values around equity, diversity, access, and
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Workdays are Monday through Friday, and the flexibility to
work occasionally on evenings and weekends is necessary. Benefits include 15 days of vacation for the
first 2 years, 20 days after that, time off for most school and federal holidays, participation in 826LA’s
health care plan at 100% coverage as well as 50% coverage for family members, a full coverage dental
plan, 401K plan with employer match, and life insurance plan. The salary range for this position is $40K
– $44K commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered for the Development Coordinator position, you must thoroughly complete this
1. A cover letter that includes a summary of your relevant experience and a specific explanation of why
you are interested in working at 826LA
2. A detailed resume
3. A list of three references
Please include your name and “Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please note that only complete applications – with cover letter, resume, and references sent to
jobs@826LA.org – will be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.