This role consists of assisting the Finance Manager with billing responsibilities. You will assess department funding needs to build forecasts for quarterly and annual budgets as well as track and record the status of all contributions and spending in a timely manner. By understanding every aspect of the operation, you will analyze the activity of each department to achieve optimal resource allocation. It is also critical to document and update all nonprofit operational billing standards.
- Work directly with the Business and Operations department on building quarterly and annual budgets
- Monitor the drafting and finalization of accounts receivable and payable, accuracy of billing and payment information, and invoice maintenance
- Communicate across all departments to maintain monthly statements and balances
- Prepare monthly billing statements for the entire organization
- Identify and resolve invoice disputes and errors
- 1 – 2+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Experience applying financial acumen to specific problems and recommending actionable solutions
- Bookkeeping experience with exquisite attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in collaborative and individual environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Drive applications
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our volunteers’ health and have adapted to the new working environment accordingly.
Proper at-home working capabilities include laptop, smartphone, and connection to WiFi. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least once per week.