Who are we?
A-LIGN is a technology-enabled security and compliance partner that helps global organizations take a strategic approach to compliance to confidently mitigate cybersecurity risks. We bring the people, process and technology platform organizations need to secure their summit, protect against future risks and build customer confidence.
What makes us different?
A-LIGN strives to offer you every opportunity to thrive in a highly competitive industry by providing continuous training and development, access to industry SMEs, and the ability to move up quickly within the firm. At A-LIGN, you will work directly with internal stakeholders, and be trusted to define business problems and determine solutions. You will also be responsible for ensuring business value and owning your projects by communicating results. This means more opportunities for interns to develop and grow professionally while be exposed to services no other firm can offer.
We are pioneering a new way to approach audit, compliance, and cybersecurity. Our IT Audit Interns work remotely through our virtual internship program, which will give you the freedom and flexibility to work from home, in any city!
Throughout the years A-LIGN has continued to achieve new milestones as we relentlessly exceed expectations:
- Awarded as one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work!
- Honored as an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company
- Ranked #7 on The Software Report’s Top 25 Cybersecurity Companies of 2019
- Cybersecurity Breakthrough Award SMB Cybersecurity Solution of the Year, 2020
As an IT Auditing Intern, we are looking for someone who is interested in a career with A-LIGN. Our objective in offering this internship is to identify highly motivated individuals that will accept a full time offer of employment with A-LIGN upon their internship graduation.
Your training will consist of the following:
- Collaborate with team members to complete delegated auditing tasks including detail testing and audit testing documentation (25%)
- Strategize with senior leadership to improve information systems and contribute to the completion of various audits (25%)
- Develop and apply job specific skills through robust training within different service lines and audit functions that will translate into a successful career within IT Audit (25%)
- Utilize cutting edge technologies and contribute to the success of important client engagements (15%)
- Support the audit team by streamlining administrative processes (10%)
- Accounting, Accounting Information Systems (AIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Information Systems and Technology
- Introduction to core classes within your major including one Auditing, AIS or MIS class preferred
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA with 3.5+ GPA highly preferred
- Active membership and involvement in relevant clubs/organizations
- Desire to pursue continuing education including industry relevant certifications
How do we evaluate candidates?
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate they have the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are needed to perform their job successfully. These core competencies include:
- Knowing My Organization – Do you demonstrate an understanding of A-LIGN’S product/service offerings? Are you able to leverage organizational values in how work is accomplished?
- Focusing on Customers – Do you understand and anticipate customer needs? Are you able to develop a positive relationship with the customers?
- Showing Resilience – Do you convey a clear sense of self-confidence to influence future events? Are you able to stay calm and composed under pressure?
- Engendering Confidence and Trust – Do you instill confidence and trust by demonstrating dependability and reliability? Do you portray trustworthiness by being open and honest?
- Processing Details – Do you ensure projects are completed on time by keeping work on schedule? Are you able to thoroughly work on tasks and provide high quality work?
- Structuring Tasks – Do you plan your work and set clear priorities? Are you able to uphold ethical standards and fulfill commitments while maintaining high levels of productivity?
- Deadline oriented with an exceptional degree of motivation
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Driven to succeed and excited to learn new job specific skills
This opportunity is remote, and we will consider all candidates within the United States.
Authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.