AARP Massachusetts seeks an Outreach Intern to support the AARP MA Outreach Department and various projects related to the AARP MA Taskforce to End Loneliness and Build Community.
This is a part-time (16-25 hours a week) paid opportunity for an undergraduate student. The internship has an anticipated start date of September 2021 through December 2021. The position will be telework until further notice.
• Working with all members of the AARP MA outreach team, focusing on helping with events, supporting volunteers, and supporting the AARP Age-Friendly Network
• Working closely with the Age-Friendly Director supporting the Age-Friendly Network and Taskforce
• Assist with research and preparation of presentations and communications.
• Additional responsibilities may include supporting the Advocacy and Communications Departments as projects emerge
On an average day, you may be:
• Assisting with event management details
• Preparing presentations or doing research
• Writing blog posts
• Sending out materials for volunteers
Prospective interns must be currently enrolled in a degree program at an accredited college or university; be considered rising undergraduate juniors or seniors, and remain academically enrolled throughout the internship.
AARP also considers non-traditional interns who are looking to re-enter the workforce or change careers. This may include those who have previously graduated from college and enrolled in a continuing education program.