*** WORK REMOTELY DUE TO COVID-19 ***
Highly self-motivated, detailed-orientated, passion-driven undergraduate and graduate students need only to apply. We are seeking enrolled college students in the field of Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or Human Resources to assist us in our #100 jobs campaign to help disabled, homeless, disenfranchised clients obtain employment. The purpose of the position is to be a part of the Intake team and complete daily tasks and assignments under the supervision of the task supervisor and field supervisor. This is a non-paid internship but has an opportunity for career advancement.
This internship will provide an educational experience designed to assist the students in applying the knowledge, skills, values, and ethics of the profession of Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, and Counseling in an actual field setting. Its purpose is to create an atmosphere in which the students are free to explore and learn while focusing on skill development, time management, and practicing methods and models required to perform specific assignments.
The ideal candidates must undergo and clear state and federal background checks, and they must commit to a weekly schedule (Monday – Friday for a minimum of 15 hours per week). For college credit or field placement, the interns must obtain site approval, submit the advisor’s contact information, and ensure the placement meets the schools’ degree program regulations and policies.
- Answer and pre-screen incoming phone calls of all potential clients (RingCentral)
- Create IWP (Individual Work Plan) and maintain records of new and existing cases in the database (TheraNest)
- Schedule, set up, and complete client orientations.
- Provide one-on-one or group assessments of the potential candidate seeking to join the program (Ticket to Work)
- Provide online or in-person individualized counseling sessions with clients (temporarily in-person sessions are suspended due to COVID-19)
- Compile, record, and evaluate client data to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Answer applicants’ questions about program procedures.
- Respond to internal messaging and email inquiries of program services (Outlook)
- Communicate company-wide using internal messaging and email systems (RingCentral)
- Daily recording of intern hours (Glip). Hours are monitored and work audited to ensure tasks and cases are progressing.
- Follow-up with Job Apps, Recruitment teams, and HR regarding client’s job readiness needs.
Equipment Requirement: Must have a laptop and smartphone
Qualifications and Skills:
Qualified candidates will have complete autonomy to execute our campaign’s micro-goals. That means you have to be a self-starter, can follow detailed instructions, be computer and technology savvy. Ideal candidates are detailed-oriented, organized, driven, and interested in our industry. (Currently enrolled in college as an undergrad or grad student is a MUST).
- Must be able to work a minimum of fifteen (15) hours a week Monday – Friday, time range from 8:30 am- 8 pm.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.