Read the full description to learn how to apply
Communications and Outreach Coordinator
(DC, MD, VA residents only)
Founded in 1985, the Arab-American Business and Professional Association (ABPA) is an organization that prides itself on its ability to serve as a multi-way bridge between the U.S. and the Arab world. ABPA Institute is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing internship & professional development opportunities to minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and Arab-Americans across the United States to boost participation in civic services, Federal Agencies, Fortune500 companies, Think Tanks, and Non-Profits.
The Communication and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for supporting and assisting ABPA Institute Program Manager on key projects. The Coordinator is focused on increasing, broadening, and deepening program participation. The Coordinator also helps develop collaborative relationships with a wide variety organizations and recruits students to take part in ABPA Institute’s Internship Placement Program.
Compensation: This is a paid, remote and part-time position, up to 20 hours a week. Flexible schedule inside business hours (8:30am-5:30pm)
· Screen applicants for our Internship Placement Program
· Conduct web research as requested and maintain steady progress of student document files/folders
· Assisting in outreach efforts to increase outreach and placement partners
· Manage outreach efforts to civic organizations
- Maintains databases of contacts lists for community and press contacts
· Attending organizational meetings with Program Manager and taking meeting minutes
· Communicate with the ABPA Student Ambassadors in college campuses and organize outreach efforts
· Attend career fairs to represent ABPA
· Send personalized e-mails frequently to community organizations & university career services & student organizations
- Other duties as assigned
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff and external partners
· Strong written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· The ability to work effectively and independently
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization.
· Familiarity with the Arab-American culture is a plus
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) applications
How to Apply: Please send your resume and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position