This post is in partnership with kglobal
About: The Public Affairs and Public Relations full-service agency provides services in Media Relations, Digital & Social, Branding & Marketing, Crisis Communications, Reputation Management, Strategic Planning, Web Design & Development, and Graphic Design.
At kglobal, interns (called Research Associates, or RAs) are a valuable part of our team. During the program, RAs receive real-world experience, craft client-facing products, and make important contributions to our Washington, D.C. headquarters office. The program is designed to expose professionals-in-training to a wide variety of practice areas and industry skills, preparing them for a career in the communications field. Internships are typically unpaid, however, we do facilitate college credit.
We Want You To:
- Have a working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Photography and video editing are a plus
- Have a working understanding of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Be detail-oriented
- Be passionate about learning
- Commit to 3+ days (24 hours) each week
Who Do Our Research Associates Work With?
Currently, RA experience spans the four general areas of our company.
- Insights/Public Affairs: RAs work with organizations that are involved in the political process and want to communicate with the media and other key stakeholders.
- Consumer/Brands: RAs help brands leverage media opportunities to better connect with their customers, influencers, and members of the media.
- Crisis Communications/Reputation Management: RAs help companies and organizations respond to media crises of all kinds, whether it be a consumer product recall or an unflattering news report.
- Creative/Design: RAs get the chance to assist the creative and digital members of our team with proposal layouts, collateral design, and social media.
What Other Opportunities Do RAs Have at kglobal?
In addition to working on actual client work, our RAs get to experience brown bag educational sessions with industry speakers; in-person and virtual field trips to unique locations around D.C. (including NPR, PBS, and the Metropolitan Club); regular check-ins with their supervisor; and workshop sessions for how to effectively craft a resume and make use of LinkedIn and other programs. Lastly, they also look to hire graduates of our RA program, and count several RA program alumni as current members of the kglobal staff.
- You are able to choose whether you want to do a virtual internship or in-person.
- ONLY serious applicants should apply.
If you have any questions email Gina Riad at firstname.lastname@example.org