Please apply here-https://www.startingatgenus.com/
Genus/ABS Global is a market leader in dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the world’s best bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for ABS Beef InFocus (Beef on Dairy Program) internship position!
The beef InFocus intern will be invited to learn about this fastest growing segment of feeder cattle production in our industry. Tracking and recording performance of Beef InFocus progeny from conception to harvest with some of ABS’s most skilled sales and support team members across North America.
Location: US/remotely with travel
Duration: 12 weeks
Ideally, candidates have knowledge of or experience working in (any or all) the dairy production, calf ranches, beef cattle feeder industry as well as the meat science carcass performance of InFocus offspring. Each candidate should have a willingness to learn more about the supply chain network connecting each InFocus calf from birth to harvest.
High level summary of responsibilities includes:
- Opportunity to build upon the applicant’s desired skills through skill-based projects that the applicant co-designs.
- Assist Beef InFocus team with InFocus calf verification and performance data.
- Collaborate with the ABS Sales team
- Ride-along with members of the ABS sales force to observe/assess InFocus supply chain.
- Conduct research projects that require in-depth study/survey analysis with Dairy Producers, Calf Growers and Feedlots.
- Represent ABS Global in a manner consistent with company values.
- Ensure ABS Global is a healthy and safe environment to work by observing both the company safety rules and the policies/guidelines.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Willingness to travel throughout the internship
- Pursuing and Agribusiness, Animal Science, Beef Production, or Marketing related field is preferred but not required
- Outgoing personality / excellent communication
- Full understanding of Microsoft Office
- Understanding or wiliness to engage in large herd Dairy production, Beef Feeder cattle, Meat Science (carcass performance).
- Knowledge of the dairy and/or beef industry as it relates to feeder calf market preferred but not required