Abt Associates seeks bright, talented, and intellectually curious students to add to our talent pipeline. As a paid
Abt Creative intern in the Marketing and Communications Department, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience while being exposed to challenging projects and learning from some of the top experts in the field. Interns will be exposed to a depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge through events and programs throughout the summer. Our summer internship program consists of a robust and structured curriculum that encompasses professional development opportunities, networking events, and a mentorship program. At this time we anticipate our internships will be remote, and candidates can be located anywhere in the United States.
The Summer Internship Program at Abt Associates is 10 weeks, beginning June 7th through August 13th, 2021. Interns must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the program.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop and produce training materials, portfolio examples, and other marketing materials to showcase creative and interactive design capabilities from across the Abt Creative team.
• Work directly with the Director and Senior Manager of Abt Creative along with senior designers, production specialists, and editors to help create supporting sales material for use in client pitch meetings, proposals, and other business development efforts.
• Assist in build out of Abt Creative’s digital assessment management tool to store and maintain media assets from across our digital marketing materials and client projects.
• Ensure consistency with Abt brand standards and style guidelines.
• Have fun being our newest brand ambassador!
• Candidate is currently enrolled in an undergraduate-level degree program.
• Ideal candidates will have academic or work experience in graphic design, advertising, or visual communications; marketing-related fields.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign/Illustrator); Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365, including the use of styles, formatting, and professional presentation of written materials.
• Experience writing content for social media and/or experience developing, conducting, and analyzing successful social media campaigns.
• Punctual, organized, self-starter and creative thinker.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to provide quality assurance of work through editing.
• Focused on building customer service skills.
• Developing task management skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under quick turnaround deadlines.
• Ability to interact effectively in multidisciplinary teams and settings.
• Ability to adhere to client-specific styles, branding guidelines, or other instructions as required.
Program Minimum Qualifications
• Has completed at least two years of college coursework
• Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Is available to work full-time throughout the 10-week internship
• Is eligible to work in the United States
• Transitioning military are encouraged to apply