Abt Associates seeks bright, talented, and intellectually curious students to add to our talent pipeline. As a paid intern in the International Development Division, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience while being exposed to challenging projects and learning from some of the top experts in the field. Interns will be exposed to a depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge through events and programs throughout the summer. Our summer internship program consists of a robust and structured curriculum that encompasses professional development opportunities, networking events, and a mentorship program. At this time we anticipate our internships will be remote, and candidates can be located anywhere in the United States.
The Summer Internship Program at Abt Associates is 10 weeks, beginning June 7th through August 13th, 2021. Interns must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the program.
This internship will support the continued growth of the East Central and Southern Africa (ECSA) region within the International Development Division.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide support for regional pipeline development, in consultation with ECSA Business Development Partner (BDP) and Regional Managing Director (RMD).
• Serve in proposal line roles such as: institutional capability writer, past performance writer, annex writer, etc.
• Assist with drafting and preparing business development deliverables and presentations, creating charts and graphs, developing PowerPoint slides, and editing and formatting documents.
• Support desk research, literature reviews and summarize findings/information in technical documents, reports, and related materials.
• Provide support to ECSA projects as requested for project implementation.
• Support administrative needs such as organizing project documents and project files and other tasks/duties, as needed
Department / Division Qualifications
• Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level degree program
• Ideal candidates will have academic or work experience in Public Health, International Development or a related field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong writing and communication skills a must
Program Minimum Qualifications
• Has completed at least two years of college coursework
• Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Is available to work full-time throughout the 10 week internship
• Is eligible to work in the United States
• Transitioning military are encouraged to apply