Abt Associates seeks bright, talented, and intellectually curious students to add to our talent pipeline. As a paid Junior Programming intern in the Division of Health and Environment you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience while being exposed to challenging projects and learning from some of the top experts in the field. Interns will be exposed to a depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge through events and programs throughout the summer. Our summer internship program consists of a robust and structured curriculum that encompasses professional development opportunities, networking events, and a mentorship program. At this time we anticipate our internships will be remote, and candidates can be located anywhere in the United States.
The Summer Internship Program at Abt Associates is 10 weeks, beginning June 7th through August 13th, 2021. Interns must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the program.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Support COVID epidemiological research projects
• Data cleaning
• File construction
• Basic analytics and adherence to study-specific protocols, under the supervision and mentorship of more senior staff.
Department / Division Qualifications
• Candidate Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level degree program
• Candidates must have experience and proficiency in one or more of the following, with SAS strongly preferred: SAS, Stata, Excel, R and R Markdown, REDCAP and Tableau.
• Graduate students especially encouraged to apply.
Program Minimum Qualifications
• Has completed at least two years of college coursework
• Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Is available to work full-time throughout the 10 week internship
• Is eligible to work in the United States