Us: The professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers, policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders. AcademyHealth – together with its members – increases the understanding of methods and data used in the field, enhances the professional skills of researchers and research users, and expands awareness of current health policy issues.
You: An early career professional who is self-motivated, curious, highly organized, flexible, a strong writer, and eager to take on new challenges.
How you’ll contribute:
The Research Assistant will help to support programmatic efforts for AcademyHealth’s work with the Veterans Administration, a large national healthcare system, and other federal agencies as well as additional AcademyHealth programs to advance the use of evidence-based research and promote health equity in health policy and practice.
- Conduct and summarize online research related to learning health systems, health equity, and other topics.
- Help to manage and support a national health data competition focusing on data visualization.
- Assist in the synthesis of information and development of reports, issue briefs and other written products.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with various partners.
- Maintain and update project websites, online tools, and databases.
- Draft articles for online newsletters, blogs, and other Web content.
- Create and format tables, charts, presentations, and other graphics.
- Conduct agenda development, presenter coordination, and materials preparation for small and large meetings and briefings.
- Assist invited speakers and experts with travel and logistics, creating, updating, and maintaining organized files and records, and other related tasks.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for workshops, conferences, and Web conferences, including scheduling support, preparation and dissemination of materials, note taking at meetings, and development of meeting summaries.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required.
- 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience preferably in a health care policy or research setting, health system or clinic, or community-based organization.
- Professional interest in health policy, public health, health equity, social determinants, or other health care and community health issues.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Experience with balancing and supporting the administrative needs of multiple individuals.
- Mature, detail-oriented individual able to work both independently and in teams.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed do what it takes to provide high quality products and services.
- Demonstrated experience using the Microsoft suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with polling software (e.g, Slido) a plus.
What you should know:
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the AcademyHealth offices are temporarily closed. The successful candidate will work from home full-time until our physical office reopens. Once the office reopens, flexible and remote work options will be available to all employees by mutual agreement.
- Relocation to the Washington, D.C. region is not required.
- We are conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions.
- AcademyHealth offers a collegial work environment, countless professional development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The salary range is $45,000- $48,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, analytic writing sample and three references (with emails) to Human Resources via email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.
AcademyHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer: AcademyHealth will provide all applicants for employment and all employees with an equal opportunity regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, or place of business or residence.
Diversity is an integral part of our organizational culture. For that reason, we seek to maintain staff diversity at all levels; and to provide an inclusive environment that embraces and values diverse ideas, talents and experiences. We will demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, the differences within our personal, professional, and business relationships on behalf of AcademyHealth.