The Organization and Role
About Access Now
Access Now is a growing international human rights organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, including issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and transparency. Our policy, advocacy, technology, and operations teams have staff presences in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to our mission.
About this role
As a Systems Administrator you will be responsible for the technical operations needs of Access Now Team Members and infrastructure, which support our programmatic work. You will plan and deliver technical solutions as well as communicate to staff with varied levels of technical expertise. Due to the nature of Access Now’s work, the organization faces significant potential threats, and therefore, you will need to ensure Access Now’s staff, infrastructure, and data is secure and available. At the core of Access Now’s work is the Helpline, a 24/7 365 service providing digital security support to activists at risk around the world. As Systems Administrator you will help tailor the infrastructure and technology towards best serving the Helpline’s mission. You will also act as an important point of support, providing capacity building to the Helpline team and assistance for advanced and technically challenging issues affecting Helpline clients.
The Systems Administrator is housed within the Security Operations (SecOps) team and will report through the Chief Security Officer, working alongside a fellow Systems Administrator, IT & Digital Security Support role, and the Global Risk and Operations Manager. The role will liaise closely with members of the Helpline team in fulfilling duties.
What you will do
As a top candidate you will be dedicated to our mission, have demonstrated technical experience, and possess unshakable integrity. You should be reliable, confident and comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with routine activities, and you will:
· Build and maintain the organization’s tech infrastructure, including critical systems with high availability needs
· Support the technical and digital security needs of our global team
· Oversee user administration and technical onboarding and offboarding of staff and interns
· Contribute to the development of internal security policies, procedures, and controls
· Coordinate with regional operations managers to interact with local technology vendors across the organization’s global locations where appropriate
· Perform incident rapid response duties via various communications methods such as email, chat, audio and video
· Provide risk assessments and give structured digital security advice and recommendations, in written and verbal formats
· Give mentoring and capacity building support to other technical staff
Skills, education, and mindset you will bring
· Work experience in a similar or related role supporting the tech needs of a global organization of 30+ people preferred
· Strong ability to plan and follow through with projects in an organized and efficient manner
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and manage priorities
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience with Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems for users
· Experience with Debian Linux server administration
· Experience with web servers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, monitoring systems, revision management systems, logging systems, and virtualisation systems preferred
· Excellent ability to automate tasks and implement tools in a scripting language
· Experience in operational security planning and information security policies
· Experience with collaborative and project management software
· Experience with administration of Request Tracker (RT), including coding in Perl preferred
This is a full-time position that can be located in our Berlin, Brussels, New York City, San José (CR), Tunis, or Washington, DC offices. At this time Access Now Team Members are working remotely full-time, with a likely return to offices later in 2022. The successful candidate must have the legal right-to-work in the location in which they will be based. We are unable to sponsor visas or relocations for this role.
Access Now offers competitive salary and benefits packages that align to its office localities. For candidates in the US, initial placement within the salary range for this role is anticipated between $4,750 and $7,500 USD gross monthly – and will be determined by depth of experience and preparation. Benefits for this specific role, if filled within the US, include paid healthcare – medical, dental, and vision insurance – as well as access to a 401k retirement savings program match. If filled in one of the other locations listed above, salary and benefits will align to the corresponding region accordingly. While specific compensation, supplementary insurance, and other benefits vary by region, all Access Now Team Members benefit from a strong global culture aligned around:
· Work-life balance…including generous paid time-off and leave programs
· Dedicated professional development and growth opportunities
· Extensive workplace flexibility
· Connection to a diverse, global team of passionate, principled professionals
· Organizational resilience and wellness supports for all team members
· Opportunities to recharge, including one month of paid refresher leave after 4 years
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents:
· Résumé/CV (removing all personally identifying information such as age, gender, marital status, address, and photo)
· Thoughtful cover letter outlining your suitability for our role, with particular attention to your experience aligning to the core functions
Our hiring teams review applications submitted through our Career Openings page; email submissions are not accepted. Please note that if you are applying via a link in a 3rd party system (examples: Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Zip Recruiter), be sure that you are properly uploading a distinct Cover Letter and a separate CV/Resume.
In order for us to communicate with you on the status of your application, please add apps.bamboohr.com to your contacts list, and check spam or junk folders so that you do not miss updates from us.
We are a global human rights organization committed to inclusivity and equity, and seek the most talented team members who bring their true selves, with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. We are interested in receiving applications from people who consider themselves as under-represented in their talent communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. Our commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.