ORGANIZATION: ACT Lawrence is an award-winning non-profit community development corporation (CDC) whose mission is to empower people to achieve their goals and dreams by providing opportunities for financial capability, community engagement & personal growth. The organization’s primary focus is Lawrence, MA in the areas of housing, youth, families, training and financial capability. We serve 1600+ annually throughout all our programs and services.
LOCATION : Lawrence, MA
Responsible for the day-to-day administration of office activities, including telephone and public reception, general clerical, and project-based work. Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction. Work with a team of experienced staff who provide education, counseling, and guidance to low- and moderate-income home buyers and homeowners.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· Must be bilingual in Spanish & English
· High School Diploma, Associate Degree preferred
· Candidates with interest or passion to serve the community
· Outstanding Customer Service Skills; Professional Demeanor
· Ability to connect effectively with variety of stakeholders
· Comfortable with public speaking, with writing and presentation skills in both English and Spanish
· Proficiency with online platforms such as Zoom, Google Classroom, Microsoft office, Google Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
· Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong documentation and communication skills
· Ability to work independently and with a team
· Experience with Memo and Business Letter Composition
· Accurate Data Entry Experience with Typing 30+ WPM
· Car and valid driver’s license
· Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- Fielding of inbound calls & voicemails; refer calls to appropriate person or program
- Greet clients or visitors & answer client’s questions by phone and/or email
- Guide & assist clients to complete intake forms to register for workshops and counseling (online or in person)
- Confirm payments and Input clients on survey monkey, launchpad software for each workshop
- Track attendance and issue workshop certificates for live, Zoom or Framework clients
- Email workshop reminders and materials to ensure clients attend scheduled workshops
- Organize workshop records and agency paid invoices
- Set up and shut down for all workshops assisting staff as needed
- Maintain the reception, conference and kitchen areas clean and presentable (including remove trash)
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, and maintaining hard copy and electronic filing system
- Lead/assist in outreach focused on low/moderate income communities, churches and job sites etc., to attract new clients and members.
- Research, quote and purchase office supplies
- Call clients/members for meeting reminders to events and outreach activities
- Support staff in project-based work including fundraising, membership activities and events
- Support program staff as needed; sorting mail, writing and proofreading outgoing letters, reports, and e-mails
- Perform other duties as assigned
JOB TYPE: Temporary, 40 hours per week, training provided.
Send Resume and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and apply by May 14, 2021.
#Equal Opportunity Employer, minorities and BIPOC are encouraged to apply.