Do you like working in a fast-paced environment? Wearing multiple hats? Learning new skill-sets? Acumen Companies, a multidisciplinary, opportunistic real estate development and investment company based in Washington D.C., is looking for a Marketing and Public Relations Intern to assist senior management in performing daily marketing and PR duties for real estate and development projects.
Acumen Companies is one of the DC region’s fastest-growing real estate development firms, making it one of the top 50 companies on the Washington Business journal’s fastest-growing company list 2 years in a row. Acumen creates vibrant and engaging communities through mixed-used multifamily and hotel projects throughout the DC and LA markets.
As a Marketing and PR Intern, your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support by monitoring front desk, process incoming mail, answer incoming calls, and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Work with Marketing Managers across multiple Property Management companies to produce marketing materials
- Maintain social media (LinkedIn) presence and assist in website content
- Lead content creation and brand management
- Maintain contacts with media outlets to publicize the company’s developments as needed
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Maintain property accounting spreadsheets for monthly review by executives
- Assist accounting department with invoice processing, bank deposits, and bank reconciliations
- Maintain current insurance property paperwork and corporate city filing documents
- Maintain an organized and efficient filing system within the departments
- Prepare mailings and priority shipments for accounting and project departments
- Other related duties as assigned
Who you are and what you bring:
- Pursuing BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Management, Business, Real Estate, or related field preferred.
- Required: Experience in website design (i.e. Wix, SquareSpace, WordPress, etc.).
- Required: Experience writing marketing material.
- Passion for the field of real estate development and property management
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Uncompromising personal integrity
- Strong leadership and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship
What you get by joining our team:
- Base Compensation and/or academic credits
- Great Work Space: we are proud to call our nation’s capital our home. We feed off the energy of working in Washington, D.C., at the epicenter of innovation and national discourse. Our office is located in the heart of downtown, steps away from the White House and every metro line. Our team occupies a penthouse space, which has access to the roof, for those who enjoy lunch with a view.