The AppDev Product Manager I, under the direction of the AppDev Manager of Product Management, will work with an agile team in researching, defining, and prioritizing the requirements for the team’s development projects. This person will advocate on behalf of the users for features, and drive the planning and coordination to enable the team to meet client timelines and goals.
- Works closely with AppDev clients to understand their priorities, the goals of the enduser, and requirements for the product requested for development.
- Develops knowledge of client’s research area or domain, potentially including data sources and methodologies for data products.
- Translates high-level requirements into functional product requirements, defines them as user stories following agile principles, and continually maintains the product backlog.
- Communicates regularly with all groups involved in product development (product owners/clients, designers, developers, QA) about updates, questions, and specifications.
- Assists in the quality control process in release of the team’s products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong ability to collaborate with AppDev clients and ask effective questions to elicit requirements and user needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams, and at building relationships with stakeholders to build alignment and consensus.
- Willingness to learn new domains, including about data, quantitative, and research methods in order to support the company’s data products.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 0-2+ years of product management experience
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, and Mattermost (or comparable SDLC programs) for project management, issue tracking and knowledge management.
- Experience with scrum and other agile product development methodologies, and the roles of product managers in its practice and during scrum ceremonies.
The AppDev department is located in our headquarters in Burlingame, CA – just south of the San Francisco International Airport. We also have office locations in Washington, DC and Los Angeles, CA.
While Burlingame is the preferred location for most AppDev positions, we are willing to consider our other offices for exceptionally qualified and experienced candidates. Candidates looking to start in Burlingame and potentially transfer to another location are also encouraged.
Please attach a formal cover letter outlining your experience, how your experience relates to this position, and how you believe you could add value to Acumen’s mission. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.