Position: Campaign Management Internship
Start Date: June 7, 2021
End Date: August 6, 2021
The Campaign Development team oversees all aspects in developing fully integrated public service ad (PSA) campaigns. Key areas of responsibility include working with ad agency partners, non-profits and government agencies, from the strategic planning phase through TV and digital production, campaign launch, distribution, and program evaluation.
To learn about the campaign development and evaluation process, interns are fully integrated into the Campaign Development team and are encouraged to attend both internal and external meetings, as well as activities like remote film shoots and focus groups when possible.
THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP – Interns will be paid $15/hour.
- Assist with analysis and reporting related to social and digital efforts, donated media, and overall campaign impact.
- Review industry and academic research on marketing trends and social marketing effectiveness.
- Research and draft “landscape reviews,” describing the social issue landscape in U.S. regions.
- Analyze “competitive” campaigns and programs.
- Assist with social media, digital, and public relations efforts.
- Collaborate with Ad Council interns to identify the next pressing social issue to become an Ad Council campaign. The intern team will work through the end of the summer program to research, develop and present a campaign proposal to the Ad Council staff
- Undergraduate-level student with a concentration in the social sciences, communications or marketing preferred.
- Strong interest in social issues and passion for making an impact
- Interest in non-profit marketing and advertising
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent PC skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Understanding of social media marketing.
- Team player and independent worker.
About the Ad Council:
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a New York-based national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to create change around the most critical social issues facing our country. The Ad Council initiates, produces and activates communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We produce content that ignites new ideas, increases the health, education, and safety of our nation, and literally saves lives.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
To apply online: https://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or
US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Talent Team
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017