A small downtown Boston-based nonprofit seeks a full-time, highly motivated Development Coordinator/Executive Assistant. The chosen candidate will have a primary focus on supporting the CEO in raising funds through sponsorship for major events in public awareness and medical education. We are looking for an individual with at least one year of administrative, fundraising and/or event management experience who is passionate about making a difference, particularly in the area of improving health care and eliminating disparities. This position is expected to involve a full-time remote work for a significant part of 2021.
The candidate, if selected, will serve as the organizational point of contact with high level personnel at various and diverse organizations on behalf of CEO. This personnel includes, but are not limited, to the representatives of the leaders of medicine and industry, and other dignitaries, partner organizations, and consultants. The selected individual will provide coordination and assistance in the following areas:
- Sponsorship pipeline, including company research, outreach, relationship building, and assistance with the related contracts or agreements;
- Organizing multiple meetings (primarily on Zoom for 2021) and teleconference calls and related effort-intensive management of a complex calendar;
- Administrative assistance and office administration, including, but not limited to, supporting day-to-day office operations, database management and basic IT;
- Assistance with major events, including management and logistics;
- Assistance with graphics, newsletters and website management;
- Financials, including, but not limited to, QuickBooks (e.g., check writing, invoices, etc);
- Assistance with other ongoing projects, such as advocacy, events, and research.
Requirements: The candidate must be highly organized and tech-savvy, able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities at once. A can-do attitude, strong work ethic and communication skills are required, together with the following additional skills and knowledge:
- A demonstrated experience in office administration and management;
- Experience in supporting fundraising, including sponsorships;
- Strong, polished verbal and written communication skills;
- A demonstrated high level of attention to detail;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google documents;
- Strong computer skills (MAC/Apple OS is preferred) and basic understanding of IT;
- Proficiency in organizing and coordinating meetings (including virtual meetings – e.g., Zoom) and management of complex calendars;
- Experience in database management (including data entry);
- Experience with the website content management and related postings (WordPress preferred) and social media (e.g., Twitter, Facebook);
- Computer proficiency (MAC/Apple OS is preferred) and basic understanding of IT.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with basic graphic design (e.g., Adobe and Photoshop) preferred;
- Experience in event planning (including virtual events using Zoom) preferred;
- Experience with QuickBooks and preparation of invoices preferred;
- Background or interest in public health, medicine or social sciences preferred.
Additional Instructions: If you have the required skills, please send us your resume, list of three references (your current or past) direct supervisors, and a cover letter telling us why you’d be a great fit at the AdMeTech Foundation.