Boston-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which provides international leadership in transformational prostate cancer programs in research, education, awareness and advocacy to improve patient care and reduce related health disparities, seeks a highly detail-oriented intern. We are looking for a polished, highly organized candidate with strong communication skills and commitment to making a difference. We are interested in both the part-time and full-time candidates.
The duties will include support of a major campaign in health care policy and related education, awareness, advocacy, research, fundraising, community outreach and marketing projects and events, including management of the website, social media and database.
Our organization is located in one of the most desirable and secure office buildings in Government Center, in the immediate proximity to public transportation. Due to the pandemic, the current policy of a remote work will be in effect for the foreseeable future.
The goal of the fall internship program is for successful candidates to transition to a part-time or full-time staff position.
Position is hourly with standard federal and state benefits provided. Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience and skills. Start date in the middle to late August is preferred.
Eligibility Requirements for Paid Internship Include:
- Strong computer skills (MS Office required and Adobe/Photoshop preferred). Experience with WordPress, Google Drive/Documents and Apple computers is preferred;
- Experience in Zoom meetings and webinars, including video recording and editing, is preferred;
- Must be permanent resident of Massachusetts (able to provide proof of residency verification);
- Full-time or part-time (at least 20 hours) commitment for the fall semester is required;
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
- 2-year Community College/Certificate students must be enrolled in an Associate’s Degree or Certificate program or completed one within the past year.
- 4-year college or university students must have or will complete at least their freshman year the semester before the internship, or have graduated within the past year.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in a Master’s Degree program or received their Master’s Degree within the past year. Ph.D. and M.D. students are not eligible.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume and three references to Thomas Satham, Manager, Office Operations and Health Policy at email@example.com and explain why you are the ideal fit for our exciting, fast-paced organization