Boston-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which provides international leadership in transformational prostate cancer programs in research, education, awareness and advocacy to improve patient care and reduce related health disparities, seeks a highly detail-oriented intern. We are looking for a polished, highly organized internship candidate with strong communication skills and commitment to making a difference.
The duties will include support of a major campaign in health care policy, creating a Massachusetts model of national leadership in prostate cancer care, research and equity. This campaign includes programs in medical education, public awareness, advocacy, research, and improving access of underserved individuals to high-quality care. Specific supporting projects are related to the development and finalization of the scientific program for a global medical conference, related abstract competition and expert consensus development, community outreach and marketing projects and events, including management of the website, social media and database.
While this position will involve primarily remote work, our organization is located in one of the most desirable and secure office buildings in Government Center, in the immediate proximity to public transportation.
The goal of this internship program is for successful candidates to transition to a permanent position, pending a final evaluation. While this internship is aimed primarily at the winter/spring semester, the early start in mid to late November is welcome to ensure early on-boarding and training.
Position is hourly with standard federal and state benefits provided. Hourly rate will be commensurate with the candidates experience and skills. We prefer candidates who can commit to at least 20 hours per week, although full-time or near-full time commitment is preferred.
Eligibility Requirements for Paid Internship Include:
- Strong computer skills (MS Office required and Adobe/Photoshop preferred). Experience with WordPress and Apple computers is preferred;
- Must be permanent resident of Massachusetts (able to provide proof of residency verification);
- Full time or at least 20 hours per week for the spring semester is required;
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
- 2-year Community College/Certificate students must be enrolled in an Associate’s Degree or Certificate program or completed one within the past year.
- 4-year college or university students must have or will complete at least their freshman year the semester before the internship, or have graduated within the past year.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in a Master’s Degree program or received their Master’s Degree within one year prior to jo. Ph.D. and M.D. students are not eligible.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume and three references to Thomas Satham, Manager, Office Operations and Health Policy at email@example.com and explain why you are the ideal fit for our exciting, fast-paced organization.