Are you looking for a company that embraces innovative ideas and talented people? We want people with a passion for what they do, and who view building a sustainable business committed to high-quality journalism as a mission. The Ecommerce Reporter will produce user-focused “how-to” and “best/guide” content across various topics and platforms that meets audience demand for immediacy, depth and engagement. A successful candidate embraces data and how it can guide content creation and ideas for sharing/syndicating across affiliates and Advance Local’s large audiences to make informed purchases that enrich their lives.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field required
- 1-2 years of journalism experience with a proven ability in reporting and writing required
- Proven experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience
- Demonstrated reporting, writing and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure
- Experience with search engine optimization practices
- Experience with using social media to source and promote content a plus
- Mastery of social media and digital interaction
- Proven ability to utilize a broad set of tools to tell stories and engage the audience
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create compelling content that informs readers in all phases of their shopping journey, from browsing to researching to making a purchase.
2. Use data and analytics to guide content decisions, creating stories that reach large audiences and drive affiliate revenue.
3. Collaborate with other ecommerce writers, local editorial teams and the enterprise affiliate marketing team to provide the most useful and engaging experience for readers.
4. Employ best practices in search engine optimization, social promotion and use of Advance Local’s content creation tools and CMS.
5. Provide content curation and topical link-posting that save readers time and effort.
- Use all available tools to stay on top on your beat, including Google alerts, Twitter and RSS feeds, Google Analytics, listening tools like Crowdtangle and shopping data from Skimlinks, Amazon and other sources.
Our office is located on the beautiful waterfront in Jersey City with access to all transit from New York or New Jersey. Remote work location a possibility in Company approved states.