Headline Studio is seeking an Account Manager with content marketing experience and a genuine passion for client success and digital marketing innovation. As thought leaders and content strategists, we’re constantly creating new ways to solve problems. Content is at the heart of what we do, but targeted media distribution, coupled with sophisticated end-to-end marketing strategies, is what makes us stand out.
The Account Manager will serve as key player over several disciplines including strategy, sales, content & creative, program delivery and client retention and growth. The position will work hand in hand with your client services, content, and digital strategy colleagues to drive the successful campaign execution and program management that address clients’ specific business goals and challenges. The candidate will be comfortable embedding their thinking and value – sometimes leading the conversation with clients and sometimes playing supporting role with the Account team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple projects ranging from print, digital, and everywhere in between: from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges, owning status trackers, ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Provide updates by scheduling, organizing, and participating in regularly scheduled status meetings with internal team(s) and clients.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and contribute to the creation of compelling content-driven marketing solutions, as well as assisting with new business pitches.
- Work closely with other departments including Creative, Strategy, and Digital Operations to maximize sales opportunities and productivity of the Client Services team.
- Develop a thorough expertise of agency content marketing service offerings and apply this understanding to identifying opportunities for organic growth within existing clients
- Manage billing and contracts for freelancers/ contractors
- Actively contribute to the collective learnings and development of the team and the company.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, digital marketing, communications, related area, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-8 years of account management experience managing both print and digital programs
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines with outstanding organizational skills and a drive for results
- Attention to detail with a proven ability to manage several projects autonomously, balancing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate project status, product ideas to clients
- Proven ability to build Statements of Work (SOW) and successfully support sales hand-off to project team
- Proven ability to lead new business opportunities and collaborate with building proposals
- Satisfactory problem-solving skills to help resolve customer complaints or needs
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth, leading conversations with the team to drive incremental revenue
- Strong ability to analyze and position client reporting
Advance Local Media offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, flexible holidays and parental leave as well as options for your healthcare.
Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media includes MLive Media Group, Advance Ohio, Alabama Media Group, NJ Advance Media, Advance Media NY, MassLive Media, Oregonian Media Group, Staten Island Media Group, ZeroSum, The Alpha Group, Headline Studio, PA Media Group, and our Enterprise Digital Innovation team.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.