Advance Local, which operates news websites and newspapers from Portland, Ore., to Birmingham, Ala., to Syracuse, N.Y. is looking for an Editorial Projects Coordinator on its Digital Consumer Revenue (subscriptions) team. This will be a six-month temporary assignment with the possibility of regular employment at the end of the assignment.
We are looking for an Editorial Projects Coordinator that will focus on coordinating major editorial projects across our nine newsrooms that drive new subscriptions and retain our current subscriptions. This involves bringing together many disciplines including content, research, analytics, and marketing. The ideal candidate is highly organized, a great communicator, has experience working with newsrooms and likes to solve problems. You are not expected to be an expert in all the disciplines you will work with, but familiarity is a plus.
This position reports directly to VP Audience & Development to help Advance Local’s Pulitzer prize-winning newsrooms generate audience, content, and engagement strategies. As part of our test and learn culture, you will also work on Story Lab, our in-house editorial incubator..
In this role, you will:
· Schedule, coordinate, facilitate meetings between local markets and enterprise design, product, marketing, and analytics teams to facilitate Story Lab experiments.
· Provide follow-up notes and next steps, keeping all stakeholders apprised.
· Track progress and results of experiments and assist with the compilation and delivery of various regular and ad hoc reports.
· Assist in overseeing specific cross-market initiatives, in coordination with the VP Audience & Development.
· Present progress updates, as necessary, in meetings and communications with corporate and local-market leadership
· Prepare communications and progress reports for distribution.
For this position we’re looking for candidates with:
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related area preferred
· Minimum two years of experience in news media
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, especially presentation skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to handle details as well as big picture
· Team player sensibility and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams
· Able to work across all teams and various employee levels
· Creativity to help find solutions
· Familiarity and basic understanding of publishing technology. Knowledge of various platforms — e.g., Arc (CMS), Piano (ecommerce), Auth0 (user authentication) is a plus
· A willingness to develop fluency in our various analytical platforms
· Proficient in MS Office Suite
Our focus is on developing a real-time approach to reporting news, sports and entertainment content for consumption across all platforms and devices throughout New Jersey and Easton, PA. On nj.com and lehighvalleylive.com, we ensure the communities we serve have 24/7 access to the news and information that’s most relevant locally, regionally and beyond. Our quality journalism and in-depth coverage is provided locally in The Star-Ledger, The Hunterdon County Democrat, The Suburban News, The Times of Trenton, South Jersey Times and The Express-Times.
NJ Advance Media is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States, which operates the leading news and information companies in more than 20 cities, reaching 58+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Customer-first, Inclusiveness, Collaboration and Forward-looking. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.