AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include immersion-based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
The Quality Assurance Assistant’s job responsibilities are to assist in the daily management of host family screening. These responsibilities include but are not limited to: secondary review of host family applications to ensure adherence to AFS-USA’s acceptance criteria, AFS International standards and US Department of State Exchange Visitor regulations, as well as CSIET Standards; tracking and communicating discrepancies to other AFS staff and following up as needed; and other administrative tasks as required.
- Review host family applications for completeness and compliance with relevant standards, regulations and acceptance criteria and coordinate with relevant staff, volunteers and applicants to ensure completeness, obtain relevant clarification or additional screening steps as appropriate.
- Communicate any concerns or issues regarding placement quality to the appropriate Quality Assurance and Compliance Coordinator and/or the Manager of Quality Assurance and Compliance.
- Assist with monitoring of contacts and visits requirements once students are on program.
- Monitor completion of Partner Verification Worksheets and communicate with partner AFS offices regarding any discrepancies.
- Support the Manager of Quality Assurance and Compliance in following up on and obtaining information for secondary reviews.
- Assist RMCQA staff with other duties as needed.
POSITION DURATION: May to October (working remotely)
Salary Requirements & Benefits
The Quality Assurance Assistant’s hourly pay range is $17.00 per hour. A typical work week is 35 hours with flexibility for overtime hours given the workload. This is a temporary position lasting for six months
Qualifications & Skills:
- Administrative experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under multiple deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work with confidential information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
AFS-USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS-USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.