Agios (agios.com) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to applying our scientific leadership in cellular metabolism to transform the lives of patients with cancer and rare genetic diseases. We are growing rapidly with an active research and discovery pipeline across both therapeutic areas. Agios has two approved oncology precision medicines and multiple first-in-class investigational therapies in clinical and/or preclinical development.
Agios Pharmaceuticals is searching for dynamic summer intern to join our Rare Genetic Disease Marketing team, focused on Pyruvate Kinase (PK) deficiency. Over the course of the summer, the intern will gain invaluable rare disease marketing experience, exposure to launch prep activities, and will have an opportunity to have a direct business impact. The summer intern will be responsible for analyzing current/future trends in digital engagement and leveraging those findings to enhance our current disease education social media and media channels. Additional projects may include creating new marketing materials, performing data analytics, and developing digital resources. Stakeholders of the summer project will include colleagues from Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Patient Advocacy, Legal, Regulatory, and Medical Functions.
· Collaborate with marketing team to analyze current social media and media performance
· Conduct research to understand current trends in digital engagement, both within and outside of the biotech industry
· Solicit feedback from marketing, medical, and patient advocacy on new ways to engage with patients digitally
· Develop recommendations based on current performance and emerging trends on how to optimize social media and media campaign
· Partner with advertising agencies to implement recommendations across the various digital channels
· Champion the content through Agios’ legal/medical/regulatory review process and revise as necessary
· BS in Marketing or similar field
· Must have a passion for marketing
· Ability to multitask and take initiative
· Hardworking and dedicated outlook
· Experience with writing, even if not professionally
· Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Current enrollment in a related Masters degree