For over 30 years, AHA has successfully worked with owners, operators, Fortune 500 companies, Ivy League schools, top real estate developers and award-winning architects. They have relied on our passionate team of experts to deliver more than 500 million square feet of high-performance facilities throughout the U.S.
We are Consultants and Advisors first, focusing on clients’ vision and success during and beyond the project. Our services range far beyond MEP design. From strategic concept development to first class, innovation design…beyond engineering.
Working under the direction of the Project Manager and Department Manager, AHA is seeking a Fire Protection Engineer for our Lexington office.
We are currently seeking a Fire Protection Engineer to join our team. The Fire Protection Engineer performs application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Participates in complex assignments, overseeing design process, and acts as technical expert on specialized Projects. Has contact with clients, contractors, local fire department officials, and equipment suppliers/representatives.
The following skills and duties are necessary to perform the job successfully but are not all inclusive:
- Coordinate and complete design layout for fire alarm and fire protection systems, system specifications, and equipment selection.
- Prepare engineering studies, scope of work narratives, and due diligence reports for fire alarm and fire protection systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Produce sketches and system schematics for complicated design tasks such as layout of fire pump rooms, fire command center rooms in high-rise buildings, and clean agent gaseous fire suppression system design.
- Perform sprinkler system hydraulic calculations using HydraCalc software.
- Review Contractor’s shop drawings for Contract and Code compliance.
- Perform site surveys for documenting existing conditions of fire alarm and fire protection systems equipment in existing buildings. Perform construction site inspections for punch list items.
- Know applicable building codes and NFPA Standards and the ability to apply these codes or identify alternatives and solutions to building code exceptions.
- Inform Project Managers and/or Department Manager of changes to project design and/or scope that may impact project fee structure, project budget, and schedule.
- Understands relationships between engineering disciplines and coordination requirements.
- Actively promote and use Company design production standards.
- Manage multiple projects with efficiency and accuracy and multiple deadlines.
- Participate and contribute to a team effort, exchanging ideas and recommending improvements.
- Demonstrate adequate verbal and written communication skills.
- Attend client, construction, and fire official meetings as requested.
- Provide a quality product on schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited school in engineering, architecture, or related discipline. Master’s degree (M.S.) in fire protection engineering is preferred, but not required.
- Completion of Engineer-In-Training exam is encouraged.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in the field of Fire Protection or Fire alarm design.
- Skillful use and understanding of AutoCAD and Revit design software.
- Ability to read blueprints, construction drawings, and engineering drawings.
- High degree of analytical skill and ability.
- Must have valid driver’s license in good standing.
· Work in a smaller, flexible department where you have immediate impact
· Full benefits, including health, dental, vision, life and disability
· Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental and medical leave
· Annual 401(k) contribution by the firm
· Professional development and tuition / certifications reimbursement
· Most of our employees are with us for more than 20 years!
· Opportunity to wear a lot of hats and be exposed to different tasks
· Flexible work schedules, including early Fridays year-round
AHA provides full time benefits for 30 hours/week work. This includes a flexible work environment, health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, LTD, STD, 401(k) match / profit sharing, and tuition reimbursement. The majority of our employees are with us for more than 20 years!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Staffing Firms Notice – AHA does not accept resumes from staffing firms unless there is an agreement in place – please refer to AHA website.
Immigration Notice – AHA does not provide sponsorship.
For consideration, please send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.