The Communications and Social Media Assistant will support the Marketing team at AHA Foundation. They will draft, create and manage social media postings across multiple channels, independently draft and edit email copy, lead monthly newsletter production including interviews and blog mock-ups in WordPress, and assist in digital advertising efforts using Google Ads and social media paid ads. The candidate must be a highly energetic individual with an eye for detail who excels working independently and managing their own timeline and schedule. S/he will report to the Marketing Director and will work collaboratively and strategically with the Campus Program Coordinator, as well as the Critical Thinking Fellows.
This position is 100% work from home. You are expected to provide your own laptop with video camera/web conferencing capabilities.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Write compelling copy (long form and short form) for various audiences and channels (email, web, social media, and direct mail). Proofread and edit copy for external communications.
- Review and edit written material for accuracy including grammar/usage/punctuation, and provide corrections to ensure material is error-free, readable, free from omissions, stylistically consistent, free from repetition, and formatted correctly.
- Collaborate on and create content using graphic design platforms and/or video production needs for digital media and hard copy marketing materials like direct mail and our annual report.
- Maintain a schedule for projects while meeting internal team deadlines. Candidates should be proactive in tracking their work progress and following up with internal and external partners to ensure a quality end product is achieved by the deadline.
- Ensure that the written material reflects the correct tone for the subject matter, the readability for the designated audience, and voice of the organization.
- Manage social media channels, develop and execute engaging organic content and grow audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and LinkedIn. Up to date on social media trends and comfortable leading projects to expand our reach on old and new platforms.
- Lead digital advertising efforts on Facebook, Twitter, and Google to grow the foundation’s overall following and viewership
- Brainstorm new keywords, specified audiences, and descriptions related to our work to be used in Google Ads
- Review databases for both individual and institutional donor prospects and draft letters of interest.
- Various administrative tasks that are necessary for the operation of the Foundation.
Professional strengths should include:
- Passionate about AHA Foundation’s mission
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- A desire to work on creative projects like designs, video production, or anything your skills may play to
- Mastery of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and usage with the ability to identify errors and make suggestions to strengthen content with our target audience and messaging channel in mind
- Proven working experience as an editor (3+ writing samples)
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Google Suite.
- Superb writing/editing/proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously under short deadlines
- Strong familiarity with social media channels and trends, like Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook
- Ability to analyze and present social media statistics to a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or other related degrees.
- 1+ years of experience conducting editorial and communications work
- Interest in women’s rights, specifically the issues of female genital mutilation, honor violence, and child and forced marriage.
- Previous experience working in ConstantContact or another email platform
- Previous experience working in DonorPerfect, or other CRMs.
- Previous experience with graphic design including Canva, and/or Adobe Suite.
- Experience managing SEO/SEM, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns preferred.