AHA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working to liberate women and girls from practices that violate their human rights. That means liberty from female genital mutilation, honor violence, and forced and child marriage. AHA Foundation was founded by women’s rights activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali in 2007.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our marketing department.. As a copywriting and marketing intern, you will help draft and edit content for different communications channels and will collaborate with our team in all stages of marketing campaigns. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics.
This internship will help you acquire new marketing skills, strengthen existing ones, and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in social media and email campaigns for a non-profit organization and how these channels connect to overall marketing and fundraising strategy and tactics and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced, virtual, work environment.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Assist in drafting, reviewing and proofreading copy for AHA Foundation’s e-appeals, direct mail, social media and website
- Assist in scheduling posts for social media
- Assist in mocking up posts for social media and mocking up e-appeals
- Manage comments and responses to social media posts and stories posted on AHA Foundation’s website.
- Identify content to be used on LinkedIn from AHA Foundation’s old and new blogs and post to our account.
- Support marketing team in daily administrative tasks and donor cultivation via emails and calls.
Key competencies, technical background, and experience required:
· Current enrollment in a related bachelor’s degree program such as journalism, English, Creative Writing, or Marketing.
· Superb attention to detail, strong writing, and proofreading skills.
· Passion for writing for social media and marketing, and eagerness to learn in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
· Ability to work well in teams.
· Self-motivated; excellent time and project management skills.
About AHA Foundation
We are a small, virtual non-profit focusing on women’s and children’s rights in the U.S. AHA Foundation believes in liberty for all. That means liberty from female genital mutilation, honor violence, and forced marriages. And it means liberty to challenge the ideology of Islamism – extremism that threatens Western civilization – with rational, Enlightenment thought. You can read more about us at www.theahafoundation.org.