AHA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working to liberate women and girls from practices that violate their human rights. That means liberty from female genital mutilation, honor violence, and child marriage. AHA Foundation was founded by women’s rights activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali in 2007. The Critical Thinking Unit is the campus program of AHA Foundation that exists to engage students on college campuses in conversations around women’s rights, freedom of speech, and the reformation of Islam.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our team to provide and execute creative ideas to help achieve our marketing and recruiting goals. They will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics under the supervision of the Campus Program Manager.
This internship will help you acquire new communication and marketing skills, strengthen existing ones, and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in social media for a non-profit organization and how this channel connects to overall marketing and fundraising strategy and tactics and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced, virtual, work environment.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Grow and maintain CTU’s social media.
- Help produce social media posts with copywriting to be used across Facebook and Twitter.
- Edit existing video content into new videos for Youtube via WeVideo or iMovie
- Create visual elements like designs and graphics through Canva or Adobe Illustrator to be used across social media.
- Help maintain a pipeline to recruit fellows for the program via LinkedIn, Handshake, etc.
- Support the Campus Program Manager with various program work and daily duties
Key competencies, technical background, and experience required:
- Current enrollment in a related BS or Masters degree.
- Passion for social media and marketing, and eagerness to learn in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Superb attention to detail, strong writing, proofreading skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy, and working knowledge of Google Suite and social media management systems like Buffer Publish.
- Self-motivated; excellent time and project management skills.
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications is a plus. (e.g, Canva, Adobe, iMovie or other video editing software)