Title: Prospect and Program Development Intern
AHA Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to liberate women and girls from practices that violate their human rights. This means liberty from female genital mutilation, honor violence, and child marriage. AHA Foundation was founded by women’s rights activist, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, in 2007.
The Prospect and Program Development Intern will primarily support the Prospect and Program Development Coordinator and the Executive Director. S/he will assist in identifying prospective donors and strategic partners and help to steward these relationships to ensure positive and purposeful prospect, donor and partnership relations. The candidate must be a highly energetic individual with an eye to detail. S/he will report to the Prospect and Program Development Coordinator and will work collaboratively and strategically with other team members supporting policy advocacy, direct marketing and communications where needed. Bonus if s/he has proposal writing and/or editing experience.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Assist in identifying and help manage a portfolio of prospects including major gift donors, foundations, federal and state grants, and potential partnership with related organizations.
- Work alongside the Prospect and Program Development Coordinator to initiate contacts with leadership in other organizations, or foundations, and donors.
- Participate in all aspects of the government and Foundation grant giving cycle including prospect searching, initial contact and outreach, cultivating a relationship, and writing proposals.
- Work in DonorPerfect and DonorSearch to build and maintain an accurate donor database.
- Assist in various other activities as needed such as supporting and improving fund-raising efforts, and other duties as assigned.
Key competencies, technical background, and experience required:
- Current enrollment in a related Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong editing and grammar skills.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Computer literacy, and working knowledge of Google Suite.
- Self-motivated; excellent time and project management skills.
- Familiarity with programs like DonorPerfect, and DonorSearch are a plus.
About AHA Foundation
We are a small, virtual non-profit focusing on women’s and children’s rights in the U.S. AHA Foundation believes in liberty for all. That means liberty from female genital mutilation, honor violence and child and forced marriages. And it means liberty to challenge the ideology of Islamism – extremism that threatens Western civilization – with rational, Enlightenment thought.