As instrument design engineer, the key responsibility is to develop the design and drawings, as well as coordinating the work of team, and communication work.
This position will function with a whole engineering team is to provide knowledge of instrument basic design and detailed design, construction drawing, and and provide proper coordination with upstream and downstream functions, vender data review, etc.
- Skillful in using and developing SmartPlant Instrumentation (INtools) for instrument design.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Microstation.
- Flexible, able to adapt and learn new skills quickly.
- Co-operative, hard-working, and committed to top quality work.
- Project and work activities will primarily be focused on gasification or downstream chemical unit.
- The instrument design engineer ensures completeness of the discipline’s Engineering/Design deliverables.
- Conduct modelling work per engineers’ design deliverables and coordinate with other function to do space management in S3D.
- Conduct the design work in SPI
- Ensuring quality of engineering documents and material supply according to contract requirements.
- Cooperates with Project Management and all project team members with regard to the respective task assigned. This applies in particular to project execution at several locations.
- Planning, managing, monitoring the discipline’s work regarding appropriate quality, project specifications and contractual requirements
- Providing all detailed design documents required for construction. These include cable schedules, cable drum summaries, terminal diagrams, instrument location diagrams, process and pneumatic drawings.
- Contribution to 3D model reviews, HAZOP reviews and SIL classification; Participate in factory acceptance tests for the automation system and similar control packages such as analyzers, environmental monitoring, etc.
- Providing requisitions for instrument materials, equipment and subcontracted services.
- Reviewing fabrication submittals and vendor documentation per project requirement.
- Compliance with the requirements of the AP Safety Management System for the discipline.
- Handling site queries as well as responding and supporting sites (including commissioning and startup activities) in an appropriate manner and in good time if necessary.
- Any other functional duties as assigned.
- BS or above in Process Automation or Controls Engineering.
- Experience with process automation, instrumentation and controls and startup and commissioning activities preferred.
- Proficiency in English, both written and oral communication, Respect for and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical competence in instrumentation, analytical and controls, effective communication skills and a strong team player.
- Must be self-motivated and solutions driven.